US ends special trade treatment for India amid tariff dispute

Sep 2017
Anywhere
I often work with Indian labor experts, a lot of them are over-educated Marxists, for the past several years and I think this is disturbing. A sudden trade dispute in a capitalist system is like HIV in the labor scene.

The US will end preferential trade status for India next week, President Donald Trump has confirmed amid a deepening row over protectionism.

India had been the largest beneficiary of a scheme that allows some goods to enter the US duty-free.

However that status will end on Wednesday, Mr Trump said.

In March he announced that it would be revoked because India had failed to provide adequate access to its markets, but Mr Trump gave no date.

On Friday he said: "It is appropriate to terminate India's designation as a beneficiary developing country."
US ends special trade treatment for India

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
If you're here to promote a particular political or economic ideology, be warned that it will not be tolerated.

Sep 2017
Anywhere
If you're here to promote a particular political or economic ideology, be warned that it will not be tolerated.
This article is not about ideology. I think you are reacting way too much and I recommend you to speak softer, more gentle, and more politely to others with more humane decency, good sir or ma'am. If you want to, you may delete what I posted very quietly so both of us would not stir any trouble in the near future.

Jul 2016
Dengie Peninsula
I often work with Indian labor experts, a lot of them are over-educated Marxists, for the past several years and I think this is disturbing. A sudden trade dispute in a capitalist system is like HIV in the labor scene.

Not quite sure what this means. Please elucidate.