US recognizes Jerusalem as Israel's capital

Fox

Ad Honorem
Oct 2011
Korea
This is a matter of opinion if I 'give' you $10 while taking $20 decribing as a concession is nothing less than lying.
Okay, thanks for letting me know your view on the matter. For a third time.

Have a nice day.

fascinating

Ad Honorem
Dec 2011
It is right to say that Israel continued taking land in the West Bank, but in the entity called Gaza the people there did see 8000 Israelis pack up and leave. The next day, Gaza fired off rockets toward Israel, but only 2, which landed harmlessly. Israel responded by killing 10 militants and injuring 85.

Israel retained all control of Gaza's airspace, territorial waters and borders, a situation that any independent state (particularly Israel) would never accept. Hamas is informed by religious fanatacism which makes it hard to have any sensible negotiation with them. The despair of the inhabitants explains their anger and voting for Hamas. (Such desperation has been observed among many peoples, including the Jews, some of whom resorted to terrorism in the 1940s).

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
How are these squiggly borders deed into the west bank sensible or defensible? It's pretty inefficient to have massively long borders for the actual land area encompassed, in a small area where land is at a premium. If the tellers are just going to life inrteh west bank and commute to Israel to work aside from the rather arbitrary satisfationof living in "juedea" or "samaria" how are there lives any different?
Are you suggesting that Israel is going to be incapable of creating a lot of jobs in the Jordan Valley and/or Dead Sea Valley?

pugsville

Ad Honorem
Oct 2010
Are you suggesting that Israel is going to be incapable of creating a lot of jobs in the Jordan Valley and/or Dead Sea Valley?
No, I saying they have not. Perhaps they could but from what I understand most west bank settlements are domintary suburbs of commuters.

Also the currnet settlement/border wall/proposed annexations are extremely inefficient. in term sof length of border for area enclosed.

Reactions: Futurist
Aug 2014
New York, USA
No, I saying they have not. Perhaps they could but from what I understand most west bank settlements are domintary suburbs of commuters.
A lot of it has to do with the fact that any companies set up in the settlements are boycotted internationally, especially by the Europeans. And there is a risk to setting up your assets anywhere where at any moment the government might tell you to pack up and leave permanently due to some kind of agreement/settlement. If the borders are legitimized and the boycott is lifted, you'd see a lot more job creation on that land.

Reactions: Futurist

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Yes, that might be true.

Also the currnet settlement/border wall/proposed annexations are extremely inefficient. in term sof length of border for area enclosed.
A more efficient border would have probably resulted in the loss of even more Palestinian territory, though.

As for the Jordan Valley, from Israel's perspective, it's a huge shame that the one part of the West Bank that isn't very populated also isn't very connected to Israel proper. A Jordanian expansion into the Jordan Valley would make sense, but Israel is going to have really weird borders if it will expand into the Jordan Valley.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
BTW, pugsville, what are your thoughts on the idea of an Arab separatist movement in the Galilee? :

The central Galilee could either become an independent state or join a future Palestinian state.

Honestly, if the central Galilee will ever want to secede from Israel, I would have no problem allowing them to do this. Seriously.

pugsville

Ad Honorem
Oct 2010
As for the Jordan Valley, from Israel's perspective, it's a huge shame that the one part of the West Bank that isn't very populated also isn't very connected to Israel proper. A Jordanian expansion into the Jordan Valley would make sense, but Israel is going to have really weird borders if it will expand into the Jordan Valley.
OS ISrael has thr ight to anything in the west bank that ii not veyr populated.?

Aty what piont is Israel going to have borders ands strat respecting them and stop stealing land?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
OS ISrael has thr ight to anything in the west bank that ii not veyr populated.?

Aty what piont is Israel going to have borders ands strat respecting them and stop stealing land?
Israel's entire history involved stealing land, no?