US recognizes Jerusalem as Israel's capital

Mar 2014
Lithuania
But then what is Israel hoping to achieve? The international community will never accept their dreams of making West Bank part of Israel, not even their staunchest ally the US would go that far.
All recognition in history are just matter of time. How long is never for " International Community"? Hundred years? Five hundred? I think Israel will wait until time makes recognition irrelevant.

Maki

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Republika Srpska
Have your tried to read some of human history? Peace is something extraordinary violence and death is every day reality.
By that logic, we should never strive for peace because it will eventually come to an end. Look, I get it. Israel has legitimate grievances with the Arab world, the Arabs tried to destroy it and are still hostile to it. I get that. But Israel really cannot hope to get all that it wants because it will only lead to more war and more violence. And this is not good for Israel. I am not saying that Israel should just capitulate before the Arabs and give them what they want, I said that the best way to achieve lasting peace in the region is that both sides start making moves towards it at the same time so no side can be presented as the loser. Israel should let Palestine be formed, the Arabs should officially recognize Israel and stop considering it as a quasi-state and must pledge that they respect Israel's sovereignty within the 1948 borders. And there's the issue of East Jerusalem. God knows how that can be solved.

Menshevik

Ad Honorem
Dec 2012
here
Peace. Israel really cannot hope to make peace with no concessions. Of course, the Palestinians would also have to destroy Hamas and prevent further extremism.
This focus on "peace," really seems myopic.

"But wait. Deep down (you can almost hear the outside world ask), don't Israelis know that finding peace with the Palestinians is the only way to guarantee their happiness and prosperity? Well, not exactly. Asked in a March poll to name the "most urgent problem" facing Israel, just 8% of Israeli Jews cited the conflict with Palestinians, putting it fifth behind education, crime, national security and poverty. Israeli Arabs placed peace first, but among Jews here, the issue that President Obama calls "critical for the world" just doesn't seem — critical."

Why Israel Doesn't Care About Peace

Menshevik

Ad Honorem
Dec 2012
here
But then what is Israel hoping to achieve? The international community will never accept their dreams of making West Bank part of Israel, not even their staunchest ally the US would go that far.
What is the "int'l community," going to do about it? Nothing.

And what you say won't/can't happen has been happening now for the better part of sixty years.

Dec 2015
USA
Many Israels and Palestinian share similar values...hard work ethic, interest in Soccer as we in the USA say, and in Basketball. I hope that the those that support equality prevail in Israel and Palestine, its a matter of time before the entities become United. The Status quo of Israel/Palestine is looked on unfavorably by history, something has to give and it should be One state Unified.