Vikings and Aryas

Aupmanyav

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
New Delhi, India
Chest thumping about AMT/AIT in front of chauvinist Eurocentrists means nothing either, and so does quoting Wikipedia entries at every turn. BTW, Bhirrana and Mehrgarh are from 7000 BCE also.
1. 'Eurocentric' historians and linguists would not survive today. They would be quickly shot down by today's researchers just like the Hindu chauvinists.
2. Wikipedia is an excellent resource, just because your views are different, you denigrate it. You need to check about your views too.
3. We do not know much about Mehrgrh and next to nothing about Bhirrana. Do you claim that Bhirrana belonged to Vedic culture?

Aupmanyav

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
New Delhi, India
Jul 2017
Sydney
Listen to both. Perhaps you can find some similarity. I cannot do so because of my hearing problem.
Oh no! I knew nothing about your problem before today. I hope it's not too bad

Yeah, I'll listen to the Lithuanian peasant as I already know the sound of vedic chants

Let's see what it looks like and how they compare

Jul 2017
Sydney
Okay guys! I went and saw this entire video on Lithuanian culture

It's amazing how they were pagans till 15th century. In this video I've shared the link of, there are many interesting traditional customs of Lithuania and its inhabitants

It's quite impressive and there are many parallels with Indian traditional culture. For instance, the name for gods is Dievas (cognate to Indian Devas), they feed milk to a local snake variety called Zaltys, if I'm catching the name right :)

Pretty striking, I must say. The way they sing hymns together in a group reminds me of Himalayan villages, where they do the same in Garhwal and Kumaon. They also have fire rituals similar to Indian, zoroastrian and American Indian cultures

I'm now a fan of Lithuanian culture and will try and visit the place for a pilgrimage in the future :)

Last edited:
Dec 2017
Australia
Rugevit (north-eastern Belarusian) near the Sintashta people (Proto-Indo-Iranians) on the gebetuc plot above is me. Lithuanians (particularly, the ethnographic region of Dzuakai) and eLatvians (ethongraphic region of Latgalia) is 100-150 km from the region of my ancestry.
Everyone mentions Lithuanians are last Indo-European pagans of Europe. They are not. We are. Lithuanians know it. Although, officially we accepted Christianity in 988. Right. Only one city that made our Christian all of a sudden .

Dec 2017
Australia
Rugevit (north-eastern Belarusian) near the Sintashta people (Proto-Indo-Iranians) on the gebetuc plot above is me. Lithuanians (particularly, the ethnographic region of Dzuakai) and eLatvians (ethongraphic region of Latgalia) is 100-150 km from the region of my ancestry.
Everyone mentions Lithuanians are last Indo-European pagans of Europe. They are not. We are. Lithuanians know it. Although, officially we accepted Christianity in 988. Right. Only one city that made our Christian all of a sudden .

Jul 2017
Sydney
Very interesting, @lexell

I mulled over it further in the night and I'm very close to a solution, imho

The Indian populations with Slav affinities are actually much older. The mistake that is showing them as bronze age products is the 'circular referencing' in Lazaridis' proposed solution for South Asia.

Lazaridis thinks South Asians can be modeled with steppe and Iran neolithic but reality is the two S Asian populations showing most affinity to Europeans can be better modeled using ANE and Mehrgarh neolithic (for which we once again need Iran neolithic as proxy due to lack of aDNA)

So, these populations would have formed before bronze age in the northern parts of the indus valley

I reached this conclusion when I read through Lazaridis' work in detail and found that EHG, eastern European hunter gatherers, were being used as vehicles of ANE (ancient north Eurasian) ancestry for Europeans.

I shared my observation previously that the Indian Indo-Europeans were showing much higher affinity for EHG than Iranians. That gave me the idea that steppe is just the wrong vehicle as we can directly use ANE for modeling these Indians

Further, the fact that plot (IBD vs. Steppe ancestry) was missing Latvian clinches the deal as they have the most IBD sharing of all Europeans with Indian Ror and latvians are heavy on yDNA Hg N, which is strongly suggestive of an ANE (ancient north Eurasian) connection. The Indian guys don't have Hg N but autosomally they are closest to these guys with Hg N suggests some of their ancestors were together in that ancient population before the formation of steppe EMBA or MLBA

I'll talk about it in greater detail but till now that's where I've reached

Last edited:
Dec 2017
Australia
Most Slavs consider us as some kind pure Slavs. We are not pure Slavs, in my opinion.
When Slavs (Russians, Poles, Czechs, Serbs, Croats, Slovenes, Bulgarians) are asking about Slavicness they are referencing to us.
I wish they never made a reference to us.

Attachments

Jul 2017
Sydney
Excellent! The Rugevit is so well located on this plot, kind of equidistant between Balts and South Russians on one axis; between Estonians and West Ukrainians on another

Dec 2017
Australia
Excellent! The Rugevit is so well located on this plot, kind of equidistant between Balts and South Russians on one axis; between Estonians and West Ukrainians on another
Russians are a diverse group of people. Moscow city is larger than entire Belarus. Western Ukrainians are similar to Croats.

Similar History Discussions