Vlad the impaler and the ottoman empire

Dec 2017
Россия
Hi there! I'm translating an article about Vlad the Impaler and it's said here: Vlad was willing to go to extreme lengths to keep the lands that had taken years to bring under his control.
1577632268127.png
Who knows the subject better, what do you think the author could means by "bring under his control"?
As far as I understand it doesn't mean he took away their lands, it rather means he refused to obey the Ottoman Empire. But I can be wrong.

Nov 2016
Germany
This man, if you want to call him that at all instead of ´monster´, is one of the most terrible rulers in history. He is considered the prototype of Dracula, although worse than that one.

In 1659 he invited 500 Boyars, members of the nobility, to the Easter celebration and entertained them lavishly. Then his bodyguards stormed into the hall, arrested all the guests and impaled them cruelly. This kind of execution is extremely painful and takes up to three days before death occurs.

He also had beggars and lame people impaled and burned.

He had two monks die on particularly high pales, because they were then closer to heaven.

When a large group of Roma refused to do military service for him, he had three of them killed and gave the corpses to the others to eat. Then he threatened them to do the same to everyone, whereupon they agreed to join his army.

So Vlad III was simply a vicious rat.

Tulun

Ad Honorem
Nov 2010
Western Eurasia
He was sent there along with Serbian Despot Vuk Grgurević by Matthias Corvinus.
In which year did this happen?
Edit: found it, the spring of 1476, after the capture of Sabac in February, king Matthias sent Vuk Brankovic and Vlad to raid Srebrenica, I guess this is the Bosnian campaign in question.

deaf tuner

Ad Honoris
Oct 2013
Europix
When a large group of Roma refused to do military service for him, he had three of them killed and gave the corpses to the others to eat. Then he threatened them to do the same to everyone, whereupon they agreed to join his army.
Do You have a source for that? (it's a story I never heard till now).

Thank You.

Oct 2015
Belfast
This man, if you want to call him that at all instead of ´monster´, is one of the most terrible rulers in history. He is considered the prototype of Dracula, although worse than that one.

In 1659 he invited 500 Boyars, members of the nobility, to the Easter celebration and entertained them lavishly. Then his bodyguards stormed into the hall, arrested all the guests and impaled them cruelly. This kind of execution is extremely painful and takes up to three days before death occurs.

He also had beggars and lame people impaled and burned.

He had two monks die on particularly high pales, because they were then closer to heaven.

So Vlad III was simply a vicious rat.
I've read a few stories about him in the past. None of them good stories. Apparently, one day Vlad was enjoying eating a meal close to where he had his victims impaled. One of his subordinates complained about the stench and sight of so many bodies. Mr. Vlad was very receptive towards complaints from his staff. He had the complainer impaled.

I believe he was a bigger mass-murderer than Hitler. His victims numbered in tens of thousands. So many, in fact that people just stopped counting.

A number of years ago, his tomb was found and opened. All they found of him was a golden burial robe. No sign of any remains.