Vladimir Putin Speech and Russia's most recent nuclear powered missile

At Each Kilometer

Ad Honorem
Sep 2012
Bulgaria
When Soviet Union tried to mach USA at spending country collapsed and they lost good chunk of territory. Of course they think that if they act same second time results miraculously going to be different. What is definition of madness?
USSR is no longer among us. I presume, i am sure you are talking about particular state, but bear in mind that technically 12 out of 15 soviet republics (SSRs) are successors of the soviet union / RF is among them. The rest are the baltic republics, which are successors of respective pre-soviet occupation republics.

royal744

Ad Honoris
Jul 2013
San Antonio, Tx
Which missile are your referring that is nuclear powered moving at hypersonic speed? Six new strategic weapons were announced a year ago. Two were nuclear powered.

9M730 Burevestnik is a cruise missile that has virtually 'unlimited'. It has limits but it can travel around the world many times. : 9M730 Burevestnik - Wikipedia
Poseidon torpedo also has 'unlimited' range. It's designed to devestate navy bases, aircraft carriers, submarines. Any object in water. It's the largest torpedo ever designed. : Status-6 Oceanic Multipurpose System - Wikipedia

Neither weapon travels at hypesonic speed. I doubt it is possible to travel in water at hypersonic speed.

Russia has two hypersonic missiles
Kh-47M2 Kinzhal missile that can carry nuclear warheads fitted on planes. Its range is 2000-3000km only. Therefore, it is not nuclear powered. Kh-47M2 Kinzhal - Wikipedia
And Avangard (hypersonic glide vehicle) weighing 50 tons that is released in space by ICBM . Avangard (hypersonic glide vehicle) - Wikipedia

---
When approaching a target, the glider is capable of sharp high speed horizontal and vertical evasive maneuvers in flight, making it "absolutely invulnerable for any missile defence system," according to Russian officials. According to Russian President Putin, Avangard strikes "like a meteorite, like a fireball". The blast yield of a nuclear warhead carried by the Avangard is reportedly more than 2 megatons TNT. The Avangard has been demonstrated to operate at up to Mach 27 during the latest flight test.
---

Neither hypersonic weapon is nuclear powered.

Russia is developing 3M22 Zircon hypersonic cruise missile that will be used in Navy ie fitted on war-ships. Its range is 1,000km. So not nuclear powered. : 3M22 Zircon - Wikipedia

In summary, six strategic weapons were announced that are in Russian military. Two were hypersonic not nuclear powered. Two were nuclear powered that can travel around the world but not at hypersonic speed. The remaining two
a newly built RS-28 Sarmata very sophisticated heavy (220 tons) ballistic with some maneuverability able to carry a heavy load - both nuclear and non-nuclear warheads. It can reach western hemisphere flying over southern pole. And hit any target on the planet within 30 minutes with precision given GPS (Russia uses its GLONAS) .RS-28 Sarmat - Wikipedia
The last one was a laser weapon Peresvet. Russians don't reveal how they are going to use the weapon. It remains to be a secret. : Peresvet (laser weapon) - Wikipedia

Sure, but the US tested thesesweapons 50-70 years ago: two different types, one for space and one as a hypersonic cruise missile. So what is new?

royal744

Ad Honoris
Jul 2013
San Antonio, Tx
It has to do with everything. He was a first man in outerspace , at little money.
So for you, it’s a question of money, or how “little” of it one spends. OK, fair enough. Remember too that Yuri Gagarin almost didn’t make it back into ther Soyuz because his space suit super-inflated and they had to lower the suites internal pressure to permithis to renewer the spacecraft.

Dec 2017
-------
USSR is no longer among us. I presume, i am sure you are talking about particular state, but bear in mind that technically 12 out of 15 soviet republics (SSRs) are successors of the soviet union / RF is among them. The rest are the baltic republics, which are successors of respective pre-soviet occupation republics.
Not as simple.
So for you, it’s a question of money, or how “little” of it one spends. OK, fair enough. Remember too that Yuri Gagarin almost didn’t make it back into ther Soyuz because his space suit super-inflated and they had to lower the suites internal pressure to permithis to renewer the spacecraft.
For me is not about money.

Dec 2017
-------
Not as simple.
LOL...yes, the Soviets lost the space race, didn’t it?
Did they?

Dec 2017
-------
Not as simple.
Sure, but the US tested thesesweapons 50-70 years ago: two different types, one for space and one as a hypersonic cruise missile. So what is new?
US don't have these weapons. Read and listen to your own 'experts'. US don't have it.

Dec 2017
-------
Lol,

We had them both a long time ago. This weapon system is as new as dinosaurs.
Lol,

We had them both a long time ago. This weapon system is as new as dinosaurs.
Did you ever question yourself why people around the world say an average American is a retard?

==

In the last year, China has tested more hypersonic weapons than we have in a decade. We've got to fix that.
— Michael Griffin, US Undersecretary of Defense for Research and Engineering, Flightglobal (2018)