Vladimir Putin Speech and Russia's most recent nuclear powered missile

royal744

Ad Honoris
Jul 2013
San Antonio, Tx
Did you ever question yourself why people around the world say an average American is a retard?

==

In the last year, China has tested more hypersonic weapons than we have in a decade. We've got to fix that.
— Michael Griffin, US Undersecretary of Defense for Research and Engineering, Flightglobal (2018)
This post does not redound to your credit. Shame on you.

royal744

Ad Honoris
Jul 2013
San Antonio, Tx
We're talking non-nuke now. With all due respect, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but right now I don't think US can do much in counter versus a 20-Mach cruise missile. Let alone a barrage of them.
Wonders if this is a ”vapor defense system”. It’s not like this is a recent invention or anything.

Dec 2017
-------
Wonders if this is a ”vapor defense system”. It’s not like this is a recent invention or anything.
The maneuverable Avangard system (not flying in ballistic trajectory) travels at 27 machs (27 times the speed of sound) or around 9.3 km in a second capable of delivering nuclear and non-nuclear war-heads? It's a new invention which no other country except Russia has it. At that speed all material available people to people in the past would be burned resulting from friction as it travels through atmosphere that was one of the technological obstacle. But top speed reached in one test was 11.2 km in a second. Nuclear powered missiles virtually having unlimited range but didn't travel at 27 machs is not a new invention.
If a system flying at 27 machs is not a new invention, then why no country except Russia has it or able to make it in the mean time? Simple logic.

PS American media, such as CNN expert at everything , suggested Russian president in bluffing. A bit later Russian president stated we will test it and you calculate the speed. American and non-American researchers stated Russia has this weapons

PPS Iread about survey conducted in USA asking people if American schools should abandon teaching Arab numerals without explaining people what are Arab number ie 0,1,2,3,4... That likely came from India, but that's another story. More than 50% of people answered Arab numerals should not be taught in American schools. That's quite a lot of people. recalled this survey reading your comments in this topic.

Last edited:

royal744

Ad Honoris
Jul 2013
San Antonio, Tx
I agree for the most part. Also, see post #63. All this had nothing to do with feel good liberal attitudes. It had to do with hard, steely-eyed Realpolitik.
OK, but the Russia’s economy is about the size of Italy’s, so what does that mean for Russia? While I don’t doubt that Russia’s aircraft designers are able to envision revolutionary weapons, can they actually follow-through with aircraft that meet their specifications? I’ve read that some of their fighter aircraft designs - while excellent - are constructed in an almost artisanal manne, meaning, it’s very slow.

royal744

Ad Honoris
Jul 2013
San Antonio, Tx
PPS Iread about survey conducted in USA asking people if American schools should abandon teaching Arab numerals without explaining people what are Arab number ie 0,1,2,3,4... That likely came from India, but that's another story. More than 50% of people answered Arab numerals should not be taught in American schools. That's quite a lot of people. recalled this survey reading your comments in this topic.
Did you enjoy taking this swipe at the head? Pathetic...

Dec 2017
-------
Masurians and Balts of east Prussia (similar Lithuanians and Latvians) left east Prussia and north-eastern Poland because they were Lutherans. They were considered Germans because they allied with Germans in many instances since WWI against Poland, Lithuania. The territory left by Masurians was settled by Roman Catholic Poles after WWII. I would also doubt Polish censuses during interwar period as they were rigged according to Polish authorities for political reasons ie to justify the occupation of certain territories to the east of Poland.

sparky

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Sydney
I still weep that the golden eagle wasn't put in production , I just love this bird

Dec 2017
-------
Supersonic speed is above 5 Machs ( 5 times the speed of sound). Lowest speed of a meteorite is between 11km per second to 72km per second. Most meteorites burn in atmosohere. For people to understand the speed of a Mach is the speed of sound - 343 m/s.
In present time Russia has two Hypersonic weapons in Military. Few to come.
The Avangard system (weighing more 50 tonnes is able to carry anything) at average 27 Machs (27 times of the speed of sound) speed. This is unbelievable . Kinzhal missile on MiG-31 plane is capable of striking anything in seas and ground traveling at hypersonic speed. It travels at 10 Machs only.Quite fast and there's no anti-missle defense against that speed currently.

Five Machs or more is considered to be a Hypersonic speed. 10 Machs (Knzhal) is fast. It's faster than any existing anti-defense missile system able to intercept on the ground and water.

27 Machs (lowest speed of meteorites entering atmoshpere). That's unbelievable. If USA , China , India will create Hypersonic weapons in the next five years, then it will be at 10-12 Machs at most. Unlikely more than 25 Machs in near future.

PS
Russia is already developing anti-missile defense flying at 25 Machs or more.
PPS
3M22 Zircon (Hypersonic) wili be in the Russian Navy. It will be in the Russian Navy in the next 3 years at 10 Machs.

Last edited: