Vladimir Putin Speech and Russia's most recent nuclear powered missile

sparky

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Sydney
for the coming month , there is meteorite 2014MF 18 passing by with a speed of 3km/s
the fastest I've seen in a couple of years was 34km/s
supersonic is above Mach one , this change with the air density but is usually taken as 1000m/s
cannon balls have been supersonic for hundred of years
I think you are refereeing to Hyper-sonic speed

Dec 2017
-------
for the coming month , there is meteorite 2014MF 18 passing by with a speed of 3km/s
the fastest I've seen in a couple of years was 34km/s
supersonic is above Mach one , this change with the air density but is usually taken as 1000m/s
cannon balls have been supersonic for hundred of years
I think you are refereeing to Hyper-sonic speed
It's accepted that the speed of meteorites is between 11km/s to 72km/s. Most meteorites (rocks) burn in air as they enter the atmosphere.
I don't know if the forum can imagine the speed of a weapon averaging 9.2km per second able to carry conventional and non-conventional weapons with the delivery system (Avangard) weighing more than 50 tones.

Last edited:

sparky

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Sydney
No need to imagine , there are calculating programs now

Calculated Results

during the Gulf war , the RAF was using concrete bombs , this was made possible by the excellent accuracy of targeting
a simple ballistic projectile which hitting a tank would simply destroy it wit no collateral damage

Concrete bomb - Wikipedia

as for the speed of meteorite , down the page is the list of near earth object lurking around the close neighborhood and their speed
( I like to keep an eye for those little monsters )
SpaceWeather.com -- News and information about meteor showers, solar flares, auroras, and near-Earth asteroids

Dec 2017
-------

Calculated Results

during the Gulf war , the RAF was using concrete bombs , this was made possible by the excellent accuracy of targeting
a simple ballistic projectile which hitting a tank would simply destroy it wit no collateral damage

as for the speed of meteorite , down the page is the list of near earth object lurking around the close neighborhood and their speed
SpaceWeather.com -- News and information about meteor showers, solar flares, auroras, and near-Earth asteroids
Ballistic trajectory maybe calculated and intercepted.The Avangard system is not ballistic. It's a maneuverable and can be controlled at a high speed. At very high speed no existing anti-missile can even catch it , even after detecting it.
I'd believe the Russians. People didn't believe the Russians ever since Yuri Gagarin was sent in the outer space in April of 1961. Vladimir Putin is a former KGB officer (colonel - a high rank for KGB equivalent General-Lieutenant for regular forces). He was a director of FSB (KGB) at some stage. I doubt he will bluff the world. He never bluffed from my experiences. If he stated something to the world, then it's likely to be true.

Dec 2017
-------
Ballistic trajectory maybe calculated and intercepted.The Avangard system is not ballistic. It's a maneuverable and can be controlled at a high speed. At very high speed no existing anti-missile can even catch it , even after detecting it.
I'd believe the Russians. People didn't believe the Russians ever since Yuri Gagarin was sent in the outer space in April of 1961. Vladimir Putin is a former KGB officer (colonel - a high rank for KGB equivalent General-Lieutenant for regular forces). He was a director of FSB (KGB) at some stage. I doubt he will bluff the world. He never bluffed from my experiences. If he stated something to the world, then it's likely to be true.
Just to say how fast is the Avangard. It'd take 5-6 minutes from European Russia to reach the mid-west of USA. Most people won't be able to escape their buildings for 'bombing escape' . Or what are those places called?
If you look at the Russian doctrine and their most advances weapons , then it's always defense, unlike American speanding fortunes on things such as striking F-35.

Crimea! Give me a break . It's Russian historically. Russians spent fortunes on Crimea than Ukraine in the last 50 years.

GogLais

Ad Honorem
Sep 2013
Wirral

Calculated Results

Concrete bomb eh? Was it fired from a mortar?

royal744

Ad Honoris
Jul 2013
San Antonio, Tx
it would be very similar to the star war program, though russia is on the active side this time.

the US has built lots of missile intercept systems in the whole world, most of which surround russia, and china as well.

however, since those systems would not be effective against the new weapon of putin. the cost of US that has already been paid would be ruined.

if the US continues on the road of building more such systems, it will cost more and more billions of dollars.
if the US stops building, the already built systems can no longer be considered the best options.

it would be a time for the US to consider reparing relationship with russia that russia has no reason to attack US. this however, will not truly happen, as long as the missile intercept systems are still surrounding russia.
Does anyone really know if a) these weapons really exist or are they b) “vaporware”? Are they c) operational or notional? Has anyone in here seen one of these ‘miracle’ weapons? If real, there might be some tweaking the US needs to do.

I’m more interested to know what materials these missiles might be made of.

Similar History Discussions