Was Congress as liberal and secular during and before partition? Congress's role in Barbri mosque demolition

Status
Closed

Aupmanyav

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
New Delhi, India
^^ Thanks. So basically the selection is done by the courts themselves.
Yes, it is done by the Collegium, i.e., the Chief Justice and four most senior judges of the Supreme Court. Actually the government contests this. For example, the government was not interested in promoting Justice Akil Qureshi as the Chief Justice of a High Court, but the collegium insisted on it, and finally he was given the promotion. The selection of judges is very fair and well-established. Wikipedia gives the list of judges who will be appointed as the Chief Justice of Indian Supreme Court till Feb. 9th, 2027. No hanky-panky. They are Justice Ramana, Justice Lalit, Justice Chandrachud, Justice Khanna, Justice Gavai and Justice Surya Kant. It is not done like in the US. India sure does some things better than other countries.

Aupmanyav

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
New Delhi, India
how does indian supreme court reach the conclusion that there was a mosque but muslims were not praying in it?
I have already written what I know. If you want the whole judgement, it is public property, and it is available on a government site, all the 4304 pages of it. :D

BTW, All India Muslim Personal Law Board (AIMPLB), one of the litigants, is going to file a review petition on the judgment.

kandal

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
USA
BJP has not indicated any such thing. The Hindu claim on Kashi Vishwanath and Krishna Janmabhoomi still stands. At the moment the law says that it will be a status-quo as in 1947. But the laws can always be changed. It is the Supreme Court which wanted to decide the long-standing case rather than reserve judgement or postpone by giving dates for hearing. Good that they did that. At least one issue is behind us. :)
It was an unofficial statement from the BJP government, as reported in NY Times, that I read.

Aupmanyav

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
New Delhi, India
As a Hindu, I want Kashi Vishwanath and Krishna Janmabhoomi back. In no case I am going to forget it.

Apr 2018
Ayodhya
What I find most amusing here is that when the SC gave the verdict on Sabarimala, none of the experts here questioned its credibility. But now that the Rama Janmabhoomi was given back to the Hindus, several of these experts, who have not read the ASI report nor the SC judgement, are calling the SC biased.

Anyways, now its time for Kashi and Mathura, and I strongly believe the masjids there should stormed by force and razed to the ground, as happened to the Babri Masjid, to leave the appropriate psychological impact on the Muslim masses. Hopefully it happens soon. :)

Apr 2018
Ayodhya
the judge who gave ayodhya verdict in favour of hindus was also involved in a sexual harassment scandal

Yup. Now that the SC gave a judgement that the seculars don't like, we will see character assassination of the judges and the SC in general.

Status
Closed