Was Congress as liberal and secular during and before partition? Congress's role in Barbri mosque demolition

Status
Closed

Devdas

Ad Honorem
Apr 2015
India
Unfortunately, it does. It dilly-dallied a lot on LGBT rights, which are fundamental and were sexually discriminatory. It never bothered to touch archival Muslim personal law, which is against the principle of equality before the law.
The Hindus always face bias when it comes to religious practices. While historically polygamy was popular among Hindus too and there was no concept of divorce. But when it comes to secularizing religious laws, its is done to Hindus only. The same bias we see in case of owning religious places of worship and promotion of education by religious organization, Hindu temples will be government property while minorities would have freedom to own the their places of worship and funds. When Hindus object these discrimination, they are bashed as Bhagwa/Saffron extremists.

Apr 2018
Ayodhya
yup, first try to resurrect Gandhi because your terorrists killed him, how will hindutvas correct that wrong? probably hanging some hindutvas of RSS and BJP by the noose? Marathas also destroyed many mosques, will that historical wrong be corrected?

regards
Look, I do not condone the death of anyone, but this MK Gandhi was the guy who condoned the Moplah riots and addressed the rioters that killed 10,000 Hindus as his brothers. He was an enabler of terrorism, and I have no regrets that such a monster was killed. As far as mosques are concerned, if you can find temples created on mosques that were built on land that never belonged to temples, then I myself will support you in giving up the temples... it is also basic decency to return such land to the Muslim community.

why was it not done in british era already when you had the opportunity, why waited till now?
The British were not pro-Hindu. They even banned Hindu practices like Sati, etc. Why would you expect them to support the Janmabhoomi cause?

Apr 2018
Ayodhya
If there is something like that, it should be done through legal channel only, any kind of violence should be avoided.
There is something called psychological warfare. The temple was taken down forcefully to humiliate the Hindus. The mosque also must be razed to the ground by force, to leave the appropriate psychological impact on the Muslims...

Reactions: prashanth

kandal

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
USA
There is something called psychological warfare. The temple was taken down forcefully to humiliate the Hindus. The mosque also must be razed to the ground by force, to leave the appropriate psychological impact on the Muslims...
So, as per your logic, if someone burns down your house, you go burn down his house, Right? It is not justice. It is retribution. It is also lawlessness. After a while of this you are going to find every house where you live burned down. The proper way is to report the crime to the authorities, have the person arrested, have him pay for the damages, and sentenced for the crime.

When it comes to historic injustices, that happened hundreds of years ago (Babri mosque event happened 500 years ago), providing justice for it today is tricky and rather very difficult, if one side does not voluntarily accept guilt and give in. Modern laws doesn't work in such situations. One way could be to make the site into a memorial or museum or something similar. Turkey had done that with the famous Hagia Sophia church that was converted into a Mosque. Muslims still are not happy about it.

Apr 2018
Ayodhya
So, as per your logic, if someone burns down your house, you go burn down his house, Right? It is not justice. It is retribution. It is also lawlessness. After a while of this you are going to find every house where you live burned down. The proper way is to report the crime to the authorities, have the person arrested, have him pay for the damages, and sentenced for the crime.

When it comes to historic injustices, that happened hundreds of years ago (Babri mosque event happened 500 years ago), providing justice for it today is tricky and rather very difficult, if one side does not voluntarily accept guilt and give in. Modern laws doesn't work in such situations. One way could be to make the site into a memorial or museum or something similar. Turkey had done that with the famous Hagia Sophia church that was converted into a Mosque. Muslims still are not happy about it.
No, sir. I am saying that if someone burns down my house and build his own property on the spot, I will storm the house he erected, utterly demolish it by force to teach him a lesson that he should never act in that manner again, and then I will rebuild my house. I am not advocating to destroy mosques unrelated to Babri in revenge. All I am saying is that the mosque that was built on Babri needs to be torn down. This applies to other mosques as well, which were built on temples.

And I don't get the logic in creating a museum. We are demanding a temple not because the old temple is of great antiquity, but because the site has religious significance for us. Comparing it to a church or mosque does not make much sense, because a mosque or church does not have the kind of religious significance in their respective religions, as a temple has in Hinduism. A temple is literally the abode of God, whereas a mosque/church is just a place where people gather and pray.

AlpinLuke

Forum Staff
Oct 2011
Italy, Lago Maggiore
If a debate on a history forum begins to involve warfare [of any kind] I close the thread to discuss the matter within the moderating team.

Thread temporary closed.

Reactions: Raghavendra
Status
Closed