Votes: 11 28.9%
  • No

Votes: 27 71.1%

• Total voters

Menshevik

Ad Honorem
Dec 2012
here
I was having a conversation with my coworker a while ago. Somehow, JFK got brought into the discussion. My coworker said that, contrary to what some people believe, Kennedy was a horrible person. He was a murderer, he said, he murdered Marilyn Monroe, or rather, he had her murdered. He killed her because she was going to go public with their relationship. He regularly listens to a radio program, "Coast to Coast," I think that's where he got this idea. Anyway, what say you?

Is there any evidence she was murdered? If so, does it point to JFK?

Was her death an accidental overdose?

Suicide?

If you answer yes to the poll question, please explain why you think she was murdered and by whom.

Last edited:

jackydee

Ad Honorem
Jan 2013
Brigadoon
A suicide, or possibly accidental overdose. I distrust governments and the deep state. Give them an inch and they take a mile. However, I don't believe they go about regularly murdering civilians. With regards to how much I mistrust the state; I wouldn't be surprised if security officials searched Marylin's home for any embarrassing info after her death was discovered. But murdering her? Probably not.

edit; is there any evidence she was murdered? Yes, I think there is such evidence. But much of the evidence is repeated by nutcases. It's therefore difficult to separate factfrom fiction. For instance Marylin's housemaid kept awfully quiet in the years after her death. This can be interpreted as the housekeeper staying classy and not selling her story to the media, or If you are of a conspiratorial bent her silence is sinister.

Last edited:
Dec 2012
U.S.A.
I voted no. There was no need to have her killed.

The press corps at the time were a lot more respectful of the office of the President. I doubt they'd go for salacious details of "boys being boys". Before anyone criticizes me, I am merely saying that 1960s America would be more forgiving of a man having an affair than now. Social mores change over time. Look at how FDR being wheelchair-bound came out only after his death. Pre-Watergate Washington was more respectful of the men in the Oval Office, even if the men who were President were less than morally upright.

When I was stationed in Alaska and working 11pm-7am I would tune into "Coast to Coast" on slow nights. Some of the material they'd discuss was hilarious. Inter-dimensional beings, lizard men, and other beliefs that are quite humorous.

HistoryFreak1912

Ad Honorem
Apr 2009
Alabama, USA
I think it was suicide, though that hasn't stopped conspiracy theorists for believing that everyone up to the CIA/FBI/Robert Kennedy had her killed.

Code Blue

Ad Honorem
Feb 2015
Caribbean
I think it was suicide, though that hasn't stopped conspiracy theorists for believing that everyone up to the CIA/FBI/Robert Kennedy had her killed.
Conspiracy theorist. :)
There is a recently declassified CIA memo which seems to be the genesis of the weaponized term "conspiracy theorist."

As to MM, I have no clue. Did not vote. No historical significance.

Aug 2012
I think her being killed makes for a better story - but, in truth, history is usually more mundane. I sincerely doubt that any President could order someone's death so casually. The American system is designed to stop those kinds of abuses of power.
But it makes for an amusing fiction to imagine them dispatching shadowy assassins to silence their enemies - but a fiction is usually all it is.

Menshevik

Ad Honorem
Dec 2012
here
When I was stationed in Alaska and working 11pm-7am I would tune into "Coast to Coast" on slow nights. Some of the material they'd discuss was hilarious. Inter-dimensional beings, lizard men, and other beliefs that are quite humorous.
Yup. That's why I'm kinda annoyed with my coworker, he's going to condemn JFK based on some quack he heard on the radio.

Menshevik

Ad Honorem
Dec 2012
here
Conspiracy theorist. :)
There is a recently declassified CIA memo which seems to be the genesis of the weaponized term "conspiracy theorist."

As to MM, I have no clue. Did not vote. No historical significance.

Apologies. Maybe this topic was better suited for the Lounge. Hopefully the mods will move it if they think it prudent.