Was Muhammad a slave owner ?

kandal

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
USA
There are hadiths available that show that Mohammed was not only a slave owner, but also traded slaves to make money.

Dec 2015
USA

This video claims that he owned slave and was a white man.
Groups like ISIL and AQ are a small portion of Muslims and they do approve of slavery, because of this anti Islamic folks say see they are just doing what Muhammad and the other early Muslims did. Yet we can see that There were not slaves in the earliest Islamic times. Rather there were craftsman, soldiers, common folk, leaders chosen by the people. Islam is a major contributor to Democratic values. One of the Founding Fathers of the USA was Thomas Jefferson. Jefferson owned a Quran and was a keen admirer of Islam. The man in your video is David Wood. Wood is a provocative person trying to make money off of the types of videos that create division. His views are rejected by most people of the world. One has a hard time watching those types of videos presented by Wood and similar people such as Sam Harris and Milo Yiannopoulos.

The presenter of the video you posted gets away from what the many European Christian men of the 18th and 19th century that saw in Islam a exotic and honorable religion. It is a fact that in the 18th and 19th century during the rise of Bonaparte in France and the rise of The USA that there was an interest and admiration in Islam. And one has to ask them self perhaps one question, if Islam allows slavery or if Christianity allows slavery for that matter, how is that today in a growing free world that we see more and more people taking up the Cross or becoming a Muslim? Islam like Christianity preaches liberal values. Various Arab Kingdoms in the 9th-11th century, later The Ottoman Empire and later Turkey were all societies that were admired in Europe for their liberal values.

Personalities: What Non-Muslims Say About Muhammad, The Prophet of Islam

When Muslims Admired the West and Were Admired Back | Essay | Zócalo Public Square

Last edited:
Oct 2018
Adelaide south Australia
Milo Yiannopoulos.

The strongest argument I've seen for David Icke's claim about Lizard people..--However, I just read that David is also a quite rabid antisemite , making long debunked claims about **"The Protocols Of The Elders Of Zion". So I guess just a coincidence.

Poor Milo was probably dropped on his head, repeatedly, as a small child, or perhaps bitten by David Icke

That Jesus did not condemn slavery or that the prophet seems to have been a slave owner/dealer are only problematic to believers. To me, a non believer, both men simply followed the social customs of the time.

The great moral evil of slavery is something one could expect divine/holy persons to reject out right. That they did not should I think give pause for thought.

**a crude forgery, written by the Czar's secret police, I think at thee end of the nineteenth century. The only thing the book proves is the level of antisemitism in Russia at that time.

kandal

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
USA
Milo Yiannopoulos.

The strongest argument I've seen for David Icke's claim about Lizard people..--However, I just read that David is also a quite rabid antisemite , making long debunked claims about **"The Protocols Of The Elders Of Zion". So I guess just a coincidence.

Poor Milo was probably dropped on his head, repeatedly, as a small child, or perhaps bitten by David Icke

That Jesus did not condemn slavery or that the prophet seems to have been a slave owner/dealer are only problematic to believers. To me, a non believer, both men simply followed the social customs of the time.

The great moral evil of slavery is something one could expect divine/holy persons to reject out right. That they did not should I think give pause for thought.

**a crude forgery, written by the Czar's secret police, I think at thee end of the nineteenth century. The only thing the book proves is the level of antisemitism in Russia at that time.
The same thing could be said of Buddha and other founders of religions too. They were spiritual reformers rather than social reformers. They were mostly indifferent to social aspects like slavery, servitude, caste system and so on, though some of them taught about human morality and higher moral principles. Only Hinduism, that has no single founder, religiously justified servitude in the form of caste system.

Bonded labor of all kinds were the standard in all civilized economies, until it was no longer needed due to advancements in mechanization.

Menshevik

Ad Honorem
Dec 2012
here
The man literally said i quote "Muhammad Ali was a greatest name for a slave master ever" I dont have a clue who he meant. Perhaps Mehmet Ali Pasha?
Stick to the topic please, I asked about Muhammadthe prophet
Yes, and you also posted a video about Muhammed the pugilist.

The video is a critique of Clay's (Ali's) decision to convert to Islam. Clay decided that his existing name was a white name and wanted to change it to a name that was more fitting to "his people." He claims (wrongly I think) that the prophet Muhammed and his son law, Ali, are examples of his (Clay's) people. Another reason Clay seemingly wanted to change his name, was of the injustice and slavery that black people had experienced at the hands of whites.

It seems to be lost on Clay/Ali that:

1. Muhammed and Ali weren't "his people," they were Arab, not sub-Saharan, black African.

2. Muhammed was also a save owner and probably owned some black slaves.

So, yes, it seems in a way that Clay/Ali was "duped."

My favorite line in the video: "This white man...":lol:

Similar History Discussions