Was Viking king Halfdan the Black an African?

Nov 2018
The Old Dominion
well remember that, back then, the word "black" didnt just refer to the color or ethnicity we know today. its also meant evil, wicked, things like that. in fact, who gave halfdan his epithet, anyway? it may very well have been his victims calling him evil
That is my first reaction to the question, too. The word "black" didn't have the same connotations to the Vikings as it does to us today. I would not even be surprised if they had a completely distinct word for black Africans, but someone familiar with their language could make a consideration of that.

We didn't steal any of yours when we helped Lincoln win the civil war because they were all based on myths and still are, or else we would have taken them.
That's why you guys claim you won the war against us in Stalingrad Russia for all places. Where do you keep those moments? A long side your dead Confederates?
That's why you have fact Neo Nazis today, right? Mean while we had real Nazis. That's why you overtly kill blacks and we openly exterminated Jews.
Neither. Siad has anything to beg about but one thing is for sure, you guys are cowards and we stand as all men.
Whoever taught you US Civil War history was an idiot, or an imperialist Yankee. Likely both simultaneously.

Rather than give you the whole rundown, which I'm sure would take volumes, I will just leave you with a small sample of facts:

1) Lincoln's home state of Illinois banned all blacks, free or slave. Herein lies an ugly truth: Yankees didn't just want slavery contained to the South. They wanted all black people, period, contained to the South. The North was essentially an ethnostate at that time and intended on remaining so.

2) Even a recent book from some Yankee history professor, Sick from Freedom, shows that as many as 1,000,000 blacks became seriously ill or died between 1862 and 1870 from exposure to the elements, starvation, disease, and general neglect. That's about 1/4 of the total black US population at that time. Why? Because the Yankee carpetbaggers seized the Southern plantations, carved them all up, and kicked all the blacks off the land, leaving them to "root, hog, or die," as Lincoln's February 1865 discourse on the matter is often paraphrased. In other words, Lincoln didn't give a **** that 1/4 of the blacks in the South were very sick and dying. But he fought the war for them, right?

Lincoln also wanted to deport them all to Liberia, btw, while others in his radical administration wanted to put them on a reservation in Florida just like they did with the Indians.

3) Lincoln and the northern states issued declarations for why they were invading the South, and their reasons were not to do with slavery, but with preserving the union. And this leads to the question of whether or not it was legal to secede (according to all the best sources going back to the founders, it in fact was considered legal to secede), and if it was legal to secede, then how was the North's war not one of unmixed imperialism? It was the EU of its day, merging sovereign entities into one monstrous "nation."

I could go on and on for hours making up all the historical context you have no idea of, but those three facts alone ought to at least give you something to chew on before claiming the moral high ground for something you had nothing to do with in the first place.

Corvidius

Ad Honorem
Jul 2017
Crows nest
These black German Moravians became volunteer slaves for no reason: Moravian slaves - Wikipedia
They were not black, as their portraits show, and they did not become slaves for "no reason", they did so, if the story is true, because they were missionaries.

It's all in the link you posted and in the links to the two men. Did you really think that on this forum nobody is going to check sources. You treat this forum as Youtube, it isn't.

Johann Leonhard Dober - Wikipedia

David Nitschmann der Bischof - Wikipedia

Corvidius

Ad Honorem
Jul 2017
Crows nest
And you are missing the portraits of the others as mentioned in the diaries of the Moravian. They are blacks from Amsterdam that setup the Unitas Fratrum meetings. Pictures are great but you should learn to read
I am responding to your specific post about Dober and Nitschmann, who you could not be even bothered to name or post their portraits. You know they are white and made a deliberately vague and misleading post.

You now insult me by saying I should "learn to read", yet you cannot even be bothered to name these "Blacks from Amsterdam" or give any solid information, the usual trick of a poster who has no real facts behind them. Name these men from Amsterdam, give some biographical detail and quote your sources and post their portraits. The article you linked to did not even mention Amsterdam, only Copenhagen, and the only other people mentioned by name were John Wesley and Nicolaus Zizendorf, neither of whom were black or from Amsterdam.

This is a quote from the article you linked to, where it quotes the words of Nitschmann on being questioned about what he was doing.

“We shall work as slaves among the waves there are slaves

“But,” said the official, “that is impossible. It will not be allowed. No white man ever works as a slave.”

“Very well,” replied Nitschmann, “I am a carpenter, and will ply my trade.”
Note the part that says "No white man ever works as a slave". So why did you make a post saying they were black when the article clearly shows, by word and portrait, that they were white. You say one thing in your post, but your purported "evidence" directly contradicts you. Maybe you should learn to read before you misuse articles and attempt to mislead people.

Nov 2018
Osterburg
I am responding to your specific post about Dober and Nitschmann, who you could not be even bothered to name or post their portraits. You know they are white and made a deliberately vague and misleading post.

You now insult me by saying I should "learn to read", yet you cannot even be bothered to name these "Blacks from Amsterdam" or give any solid information, the usual trick of a poster who has no real facts behind them. Name these men from Amsterdam, give some biographical detail and quote your sources and post their portraits. The article you linked to did not even mention Amsterdam, only Copenhagen, and the only other people mentioned by name were John Wesley and Nicolaus Zizendorf, neither of whom were black or from Amsterdam.

This is a quote from the article you linked to, where it quotes the words of Nitschmann on being questioned about what he was doing.

Note the part that says "No white man ever works as a slave". So why did you make a post saying they were black when the article clearly shows, by word and portrait, that they were white. You say one thing in your post, but your purported "evidence" directly contradicts you. Maybe you should learn to read before you misuse articles and attempt to mislead people.
Not eveà

We are called Swabians. Although we are born skins in America we would be labeled as Whites because we are of Saxony.
As Swabians we are a specific mischling native of this region. Below is just one branch of our genetics and tradition. We get a spouse from West Africa, settle in Kazakhstan section of Bessarabia and slowly migrate to the other end of Bessarabia called Saxony.
The other mixes are Afghan and up to 12 other nations. You seem to think everybody is white and Schwarz and Swabians don't exist. That sounds like someone who has been huffing on the tailpipe of his car.
Source citations
Source: Smart Match™: All in one
Page: Elisabetha Aichele (geb.Moench/Muench)
Confidence: Secondary evidence

Birth
Berneck, Deggingen, Baden-Württemberg, Deutschland
Jan 11 1788
Age 20
Marriage to:
Johann Georg Aichele
Dessa, Bkonni, Tahoua, Niger
Feb 19 1808
Age 21
Birth of daughter:
Elisabeth Grosshans / Buck (born Aichele)
Welikodolinskoje - Großliebental, Odessa, Ukraine
Oct 6 1809
Age ‎~26‏
Birth of son:
Ludwig Aichele
Großliebental, Odessa, Cherson, Russland
Age 28
Birth of son:
Johann Georg Aichele
Jan 6 1817
Age 35
Birth of son:
Joseph Bernhard Aichele
Sep 10 1823
Age 37
Birth of daughter:
Anna Maria Gall (born Aichele)
Großliebental / Bessarabien / Russland
Oct 20 1825
Age ‎~38‏
Birth of son:
Christian Aichele
Circa 1826
Age 40
Birth of daughter:
Elfriede Katharina Gast / Frömmrich (born Aichele)
June 25 1828
Age 44
Birth of son:
Friedrich Aichele
Oct 30 1832
Age 56
Marriage of daughter:
Anna Maria Kallis (born Aichele)
Spouse: Gottfried Kallis
Bessarabien