Were any Communist parties outside of Europe supporters of ethnic federalization?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Like most of the early immigrants from that region to the US the first four of our family were subjects of the Austro-Hungarian Monarchy. The impression which I always had was that they were possibly content to be part of Austria rather than part of lands of the Petrovic princes of Montenegro. From the grandmother's side there were fewer impressions of the Old World since the they had immigrated 30 to 35 years earlier than my on grandfather's side.

I don't have the same high level of interest in the medieval centuries as many among the Serbian diaspora. This forum has been lucky to have several contributors that have thought critically about sources from that those centuries.

I would say that when I began reading the forum in 2010 and 2011 I was barely aware of how the Karageorgeviches regained the monarchy in the early 20th century. That is, I was ignorant of the violent coup d'etat of 1904. I couldn't name any of the military commanders of 1912-1918 either. The centennial of World War I was upcoming during a period that I worked on a long-term assignment away from home which was the beginning of my study on the World War I and the inspiration to begin my small library of sources on the war.
K, have you ever taken a look at the online WWI Encyclopedia? It's very well-researched and contains a lot of good and interesting information about various topics relating to WWI. I believe that it might also have over 1,000 articles--though please don't quote me on that!

Maki

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Republika Srpska
Why not also Transnistria and the Donbass, then? So, instead of 15 or 17, the USSR would break up into 19 independent countries--or is it 20 since the Donbass could be viewed as two separate independent countries?
Well, yes. There is no difference between Kosovo and the DNR.

Reactions: Futurist

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
So let nato bomb spain for months with depleted uranium so the catalans have their catalunya. Aah, doesn't seem right now, does it?
Spain's already a NATO member, though. BTW, one can certainly criticize what NATO did in Kosovo as being a violation of international law. While NATO could claim that this intervention was "illegal but legitimate", this would only open the door to describe some other violations of international law as likewise being "illegal but legitimate"--for instance, Russia's annexation of Crimea.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Well, yes. There is no difference between Kosovo and the DNR.
Yeah, IMHO, it's better to focus on the de facto reality rather than on the de jure (legal) reality. Sort of how it's better to look at things by how states actually behave than by how state are supposed to behave (for instance, by following international law).

Aug 2019
North
Spain's already a NATO member, though. BTW, one can certainly criticize what NATO did in Kosovo as being a violation of international law. While NATO could claim that this intervention was "illegal but legitimate", this would only open the door to describe some other violations of international law as likewise being "illegal but legitimate"--for instance, Russia's annexation of Crimea.
Spain's not an equal nato member- she participated in the bombings of kosovo and the rest of serbia but now won't recognize kosovo. So much for nato being protector of peace and human rights.
Kosovo has always been serbian, as has crimea always been russian.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Spain's not an equal nato member- she participated in the bombings of kosovo and the rest of serbia but now won't recognize kosovo. So much for nato being protector of peace and human rights.
Kosovo has always been serbian, as has crimea always been russian.
Crimea was Ukrainian in the sixty years starting from 1954. As for Kosovo, it was Ottoman until the Balkan Wars.

Aug 2019
North
Crimea was Ukrainian in the sixty years starting from 1954. As for Kosovo, it was Ottoman until the Balkan Wars.
We're on a history forum, yet you neglect history to a degree. Have you heared of the league of prizren, the greater albania project etc. etc.? If you have, your oversimplification of things buffles me.

Maki

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Republika Srpska
Yeah, IMHO, it's better to focus on the de facto reality rather than on the de jure (legal) reality. Sort of how it's better to look at things by how states actually behave than by how state are supposed to behave (for instance, by following international law).
Okay, but the whole Kosovo situation is a perfect example of "might makes right".