Were Paekche and Shilla vassals of Yamato?

Sep 2016
天下
"When Jesuit missionaries learned this standard language in the 16th century, they called it "Mandarin", from its Chinese name Guānhuà (官话/官話), or "language of the officials"."
Mandarin Chinese - Wikipedia
Yes, they called the language spoken in 16th century Mandarin. But as I said before the name doesn't refer to the earlier stages of the language.

Relevance?
Read above.

Calling the Roman Empire 'daqin' meaning "Great Qin (China)" is a fairly meaningless appellation. What is "Great China" or "Great Qin" if you didn't know they were referring to the Romans?
And?

By the apparent nonsensical names they gave to the states in the west. That is if we are going by your linguistic reconstruction, which overrides the actual pattern in the naming that give them meaning and significance. Regardless, this is off topic. I only brought it up because of your initial hostile response.
Again, you failed to give an example.

Again, maybe some other time I can show you that Guanhua probably underwent very little changes and that there is a problem with your conclusion.
Oh, I'm so looking forward to you proving that several hundreds of years of researching ancient phonetic history is bullshit (because this is something which Chinese themselves during Imperial era took interest into).

Apr 2017
Northern lands
I would like to see any academic papers or books regarding anything related to East Africa and whatever Jungkwan is talking about here.

At least the Hongshan influence on Korea has something to go on by in terms of research by the academia.
Excuse me, but I'm directly addressing the facts and ancient sources. Who are you to imply that I can't do that and must solely take on other people's opinions?

But really, we should create a new topic if you want to discuss origin of korea. If anyone wants to continue the topic of yamato baekje relations, I recommend reading some chapters of the book I linked first, and commenting on it.
The origin of Korea has direct relevance on Baekje Yamato relations. But I can understand if you want to focus on the specific texts exclusively for now.

But since you brought up the 'Hongshan culture', I can tell you that we are aware of how the 'Hongshan' people looked like. They had a very particular set of facial features that links them to Africa.

Of course you can contribute to the repository of knowledge. Since you are so set about this theory, I recommend you take up your word processor and start writing an academic paper on this! Using proper sources and citations of course, and dont forget the MLA format. You should have learned the method of writing a research paper from College, and if you havent, there are plenty of resources online! When youre done, get it published and uploaded on an online publication site and it can be peer reviewed. There is no requirement to have BA in history to write a paper on history. Do this and it will do much more to spread your ideas to the world than arguing with people on an internet forum. This is a great place to learn from others, and test your theories, but not the best place to get your theory officially recognized.

Last edited:
Apr 2017
Northern lands
I'm too much of an African to get things published. Its deeply ingrained in my psyche to not write things down. This is common to African cultures. But that doesn't make me dumb. There were many technologically advanced cultures that did not use writing. Proto-Indo-Europeans were one of them. I'd rather just have the understanding floating around as oral traditions.

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
I'm too much of an African to get things published. Its deeply ingrained in my psyche to not write things down. This is common to African cultures. But that doesn't make me dumb. There were many technologically advanced cultures that did not use writing. Proto-Indo-Europeans were one of them. I'd rather just have the understanding floating around as oral traditions.
I warned you.

Similar History Discussions