Were the ancient Sumerian’s the architects of the Great Pyramid?

Aug 2019
United Kingdom
I have heard a story that has been translated from ancient Sumerian cuneiform texts, that tells of one of the rulers of the time, taking refuge in the Great Pyramid, during a conflict.

If the texts are correct, then the pyramid was built prior to the conflict, and over a 1000 years before the great Egyptian empire was born.

Oct 2012
I have heard a story that has been translated from ancient Sumerian cuneiform texts, that tells of one of the rulers of the time, taking refuge in the Great Pyramid, during a conflict.

If the texts are correct, then the pyramid was built prior to the conflict, and over a 1000 years before the great Egyptian empire was born.
What conflict would that be? 1000 years before the great Egyptian empire?? What year would that be?

Jun 2017
maine
If you are referring to the article in the Journal of Applied Physics, I think the subject matter had more to do with dating by electromagnetic waves. What text do you mean? Which conflict do you mean? While many hold (including me) that Sumerian civilization predates Egyptian, it is not a settled matter.

Aug 2019
United Kingdom
What conflict would that be? 1000 years before the great Egyptian empire?? What year would that be?
I’m just a normal fella who is fascinated by just how so far advanced this ancient civilisation was, and what we carry today, that has a direct influence upon us.

There is a Sumerian story of a war where ‘weapons of destruction’ were used, that was followed by an evil wind that killed everything that it blew across. It was deemed as The Pyramid Wars and said that Lord Enki sought sanctuary in the Great Pyramid. The story was translated by Oxford scholars. I’m sorry, I can’t give any more information as I did not take notes. I was absolutely fascinated. I cannot believe that a civilisation that gave us mathematics, written language, the concept and construction of time. - 12 months1 year, 24hours in a day, 60 minutes in an hour, 60 seconds in a minute, trade property and business contracts, astrology and even measuring the tilt of the axis of the Earth. Etc etc etc

Why do we not study this civilisation at school? Why have only 10% of the available cuneiform tablets? Why is there not a concerted effort to throw aside the veils of time, and see what other information is uncovered that can assist us in understanding our past.

I just posted the question in the hope that someone knew a little more, or that it would interest someone, better placed than myself, enough to look at the question in light of clay tablets deciphering

Aug 2019
United Kingdom
If you are referring to the article in the Journal of Applied Physics, I think the subject matter had more to do with dating by electromagnetic waves. What text do you mean? Which conflict do you mean? While many hold (including me) that Sumerian civilization predates Egyptian, it is not a settled matter.
I’m just a normal fella who is fascinated by just how so far advanced this ancient civilisation was, and what we carry today, that has a direct influence upon us.

There is a Sumerian story of a war where ‘weapons of destruction’ were used, that was followed by an evil wind that killed everything that it blew across. It was deemed as The Pyramid Wars and said that Lord Enki sought sanctuary in the Great Pyramid. The story was translated by Oxford scholars. I’m sorry, I can’t give any more information as I did not take notes. I was absolutely fascinated. I cannot believe that a civilisation that gave us mathematics, written language, the concept and construction of time. - 12 months1 year, 24hours in a day, 60 minutes in an hour, 60 seconds in a minute, trade property and business contracts, astrology and even measuring the tilt of the axis of the Earth. Etc etc etc

Why do we not study this civilisation at school? Why have only 10% of the available cuneiform tablets? Why is there not a concerted effort to throw aside the veils of time, and see what other information is uncovered that can assist us in understanding our past.

I just posted the question in the hope that someone knew a little more, or that it would interest someone, better placed than myself, enough to look at the question in light of clay tablets deciphering

AlpinLuke

Forum Staff
Oct 2011
Italy, Lago Maggiore
You don't need to introduce curious references to far conflicts. In the age of Narmer the Sumerian cultural pollution was evident [think to his "tablet"] and sure Sumerians could have [could have] inspired Ancient Egyptians about building pyramids.

Anyway just regarding the idea of the kind of structure.

If Sumerians built the pyramids I wonder why we don't see a temple on their top [Sumerian ziggurat, if we want to see similarities at any cost, was

Actually we do study the Sumerian civilization. Now, if we are not going to introduce Zecharia Sitchin in this discussion [introduction which would cause the migration of this thread into the Speculative History section], we can discuss the cultural influence that Sumer had on early Dynasties. You can think to the tablet of Narmer as an evidence of this.

Aug 2019
United Kingdom
So much speculation surrounds the Great Pyramid of Giza. Surely we want to know who built this utterly fascinating structure. In essence, nobody knows the truth. If there are Sumerian cuneiform tablets that have not yet been deciphered, and some of the ones that have, mention the pyramid, then surely we should embark on a task to properly decode the remaining tablets, to find out if there are tablets that detail the building of them?

The Sumerian’s gave us so much and yet we know so little about them. Why is this and why are people not asking why very little is taught in school.

Aug 2019
United Kingdom
I saw a documentary about life on earth 1000 years after man. It said that after 10000 years, the only structures that would be recognisable was the Hoover Dam and Mount Rushmore.

Could this be similar to the pyramid standing now? How ever old the pyramid is, it has stood the test of time over the millennia since its construction. It’s funny to think that the only real thing that would be visible after 10000 years without us would be a power station - the Hoover Dam. Could the Great Pyramid be the basic shell of a power station from the past?

Jun 2012
Malaysia
And the Annunaki Wars triggered the gradual migration of part of the original Sumerian nation from Sumeria to southern India, where they became the Dravidians. Just contemplating the possibility of such a scenario in the ancient past .

Similar History Discussions