Were the fruits of the sexual revolution good or bad?

Oct 2018
Minneapolis, MN
I don't know. It's such a recent change with humans. I mean where would honey bees bee if the queen wasn't promiscuous. Or rabbits. Or chimpanzees.

But whether it is a good thing or not with humans is tough to say.

For example worldwide, it seems Northern countries have the largest number of sex partners (Finland, Canada, Iceland, Sweden, Norway are all ranked very high in number of sexual partners). But the Middle East would be an example of a place where the sexual liberation has yet to really hit it's stride. Many would say those sexually promiscuous countries socially are better off.

Not saying that's the end all, but it's really a question that probably can't be answered for millenia what this change means. I think there are ups and downs to both sides.

Jul 2016
USA
I don't know. It's such a recent change with humans. I mean where would honey bees bee if the queen wasn't promiscuous. Or rabbits. Or chimpanzees.

But whether it is a good thing or not with humans is tough to say.

For example worldwide, it seems Northern countries have the largest number of sex partners (Finland, Canada, Iceland, Sweden, Norway are all ranked very high in number of sexual partners). But the Middle East would be an example of a place where the sexual liberation has yet to really hit it's stride. Many would say those sexually promiscuous countries socially are better off.

Not saying that's the end all, but it's really a question that probably can't be answered for millenia what this change means. I think there are ups and downs to both sides.
People really need to stop posting about Nordic countries and how peaceful they are without considering a couple thousand years of mayhem plus modern reality of outside protection from invasion, plus very federalized and controlling welfare state, plus very cultural and racial homogeneous populations smaller than pretty much everyone outside of Scandinavia. Go look at population density of the most populated areas of any Nordic country and compare that to a mid sized Middle Eastern city and that alone means less strife.

And the Nordics were notoriously sexually promiscuous since they were raiding, raping, and pillaging from long ships a thousand years ago, they didn't just start knockin boots in the 1960s.

Oct 2018
Minneapolis, MN
People really need to stop posting about Nordic countries and how peaceful they are without considering a couple thousand years of mayhem plus modern reality of outside protection from invasion, plus very federalized and controlling welfare state, plus very cultural and racial homogeneous populations smaller than pretty much everyone outside of Scandinavia. Go look at population density of the most populated areas of any Nordic country and compare that to a mid sized Middle Eastern city and that alone means less strife.

And the Nordics were notoriously sexually promiscuous since they were raiding, raping, and pillaging from long ships a thousand years ago, they didn't just start knockin boots in the 1960s.
Yes they were. I was pointing more to modern times. But like you say those countries appear to run the entire gamut from good to bad peace and prosperity wise and their sexual promiscuity remains high either way.

As for popultion density, culturally/racially homogeneous wouldn't countries like Libya and Oman fit right there with those nordic countries?

But like you say, looks like so much other factors are so much more important than any possible sexual promiscuity correlation. Iran and Ireland don't prove more promiscuity is better.

Oct 2012
Most male violence comes from sexual frustration. That is why for example the Middle East is such a violent place and the Nordic countries are not.
Btw. I also think that all of the school shooters are just teenagers who didn`t get some, while the other guys did.

Last edited: