Were the Mauryans vassals of the Seleucids?

Apr 2018
Ayodhya
View attachment 17735

here you go, seems to have been a popular motif of depicting mahaut getting attacked by spearman from the back through the ages in the indian art, nothing but an artistic rendition, as i already stated. That coin also resembles saurashtra coin and typical indian art and nothing else, nothing greek about it as well.

View attachment 17736

Painting of mahout under attack from spearman, Mughal dynasty, India, late 16th century. The British museum, London

Stock Photo - . English: Painting illustrating an elephant with his mahout attacked by a spearman on horse. Void background. No text. Painted in opaque watercolour on paper. Two miniatures

as i said europeans need better research.

regards
Ashoka, I don't quite see the point you are making here... Sure, attacking the mahout may have been a "theme", as you say. Man Singh's mahout is also depicted as being killed by Rana Pratap's spear in Haldighati. But how does this "theme" suggest that a howdah was used in war, back then. If a howdah was used, I would have expected the cavalry soldier to pierce a mahout located in a howdah on the elephant.

Sure, the Europeans may need better research, but you also need to look at the evidence at hand carefully, before jumping to conclusions...

Similar History Discussions