Were the Mauryans vassals of the Seleucids?

Mar 2019
KL
This sort of Afrocentrist style historical revisionism makes sense in hindsight. Punjabis historically have been the doormats of South Asia who have consistently been conquered and ravaged by outside invaders. Hence they need to claim other people’s history.
i dont think Punjabis are claiming it, i think its some european scholars linking chandragupta to their beloved alexander and taxila.

regards

Jan 2019
Valencia
i dont think Punjabis are claiming it, i think its some european scholars linking chandragupta to their beloved alexander and taxila.

regards
Actually, I have yet to see any notable European scholar making such an assertion. No relevant scholar with any sort of status would make such an unfounded claim.

Those who try to claim CGM to be a native of Taxila usually cite no sources but merely state their own opinion.

Mar 2019
KL
actually chandragupta maurya has been claimed to be schooled by alexander and through alexander the guy got conquering abilities, this is a very common claim made by the western scholars, they claim chandragupta maurya met alexander at taxila when he was there with his mentor chanakya and from there i-e from Punjab or from greco persian influence he started his rebellion against the nandas and was able to carve out such a big empire :lol: i-e credit goes to the greeks.

so not only chandraupta becomes a greeko persian but also a defacto Punjabi/ purest aryan according to people like Rishi :lol:

when british colonists had planned to dig pataliputra, the TATA guy ratan tata probably/parsi came to fund their excavation, indians became suspicious that brits as usual were trying to prove mauryan dynasty was linked with the persians (yup thats the truth). i read it some where ages ago, i would post the sources as soon i find them again.

i have seen some brits even claim that mauryans were greeks or atleast greek vassals as pointed out by the OP.

the eurocentrism as as crazy as afrocentrism if not worse.

regards

Last edited:
Apr 2019
India
makes sense in hindsight. Punjabis historically have been the doormats of South Asia who have consistently been conquered and ravaged by outside invaders. Hence they need to claim other people’s history.
It's not Punjabi's fault that their land was gateway of India. They have so many glorious chapters in history to claim for. Let's not brand whole community due to an idiot.

Mar 2019
KL
i had tried watching a documentary on alexander's invasion of indian NW territories, probably from history channel and the amount of propaganda their media makes is unbelievable.

they practically declared those indians like porus as afghans/persians, declared they came from the west with chariots and all that aryan BS and martial race crap, i stopped watching these propaganda docs from then on.

regards

Sep 2016
天下
i had tried watching a documentary on alexander's invasion of indian NW territories, probably from history channel and the amount of propaganda their media makes is unbelievable.

they practically declared those indians like porus as afghans/persians, declared they came from the west with chariots and all that aryan BS and martial race crap, i stopped watching these propaganda docs from then on.

regards
When will you learn the difference in meaning between "propaganda" and "ignorance"?

Apr 2019
India

regards
Then it's your fault because you believed in a channel which produced Ancient Aliens. :)

It’s quite funny when you think about it. Chandragupta Maurya was supposedly a Punjabi but he and his descendants all spoke Magadhi Prakrit? Ashokan edicts are all in Magadhi Prakrit.

This sort of Afrocentrist style historical revisionism makes sense in hindsight. Punjabis historically have been the doormats of South Asia who have consistently been conquered and ravaged by outside invaders. Hence they need to claim other people’s history.
Wasn't the Kandahar inscription written in only Greek and Aramaic?