Were the Mauryans vassals of the Seleucids?

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
we certainly dont need western european interpretation regarding it.

I'm nearing the limit of my patience with you. If I see this repeated one more time, you will be banned, possibly permanently.

Historum is not a place to pursue a whatever-centric agenda. Historians should evaluate all texts and studies with an open mind, and if y9ou're not prepared to do that, and simply dismiss some because you think it's somehow anti-Indian or western-centric, then you have no place on this forum.

Clear?

Nov 2011
The Bluff
read the very first posts and my quotation on strabo.

regards
Perhaps you refer to this? Or this? You might perhaps explain how any of that - including your favoured "authority", Wikipedia, provides an answer to my question regarding Poros and some conjectured arrangement with retreating Greeks.

Meanwhile, a source refresher as you seem unable to locating same seems to be an issue.

I'm nearing the limit of my patience with you. If I see this repeated one more time, you will be banned, possibly permanently.

Historum is not a place to pursue a whatever-centric agenda. Historians should evaluate all texts and studies with an open mind, and if y9ou're not prepared to do that, and simply dismiss some because you think it's somehow anti-Indian or western-centric, then you have no place on this forum.

Clear?
1564311802295.png

Memoirs of the archaeological survey of India no.30 : Chandra, Ramaprasad : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

these are bitter facts mate, calling BS that its indo centric, blind nationalist etc will not help with anything. have enough material and do a big thesis merely on this topic. your own scholars are calling buddhism as primitive religion, if this is not a bias, what is it? what name should it be given to it? if what im speaking is nationalism, what name will this colonial scholarship be given?

have enough material to badly expose these kinds of scholarships.

regards

Perhaps you refer to this? Or this? You might perhaps explain how any of that - including your favoured "authority", Wikipedia, provides an answer to my question regarding Poros and some conjectured arrangement with retreating Greeks.

Meanwhile, a source refresher as you seem unable to locating same seems to be an issue.
you are the user, who was not even accepting your own source spoke about howdahs even before alexander, i dont expect you to acknowledge anything which is not within your interests. strabo quote is very clear, no where you have tried to debunk that statement.

greeks sources are enough to make counter arguments on craps concocted by people like Hartmut Scharfe, or the howdah guy claiming greeks were the first to invent howdahs.

regards

Last edited:
this is british museum's own propaganda declaring the greeks as 'colonists'

1564313137995.png

this is an oxford uni twitter handle trying to interpret indian culture/gandhara in terms of romans and the greek culture

1564313172956.png

if what im saying is indo centric, what name can this be given if not eurocentric?

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
New Delhi, India
I think many sources are mentioned in Chandragupta Maurya - Wikipedia. You may omit the Bhavishya Purana reference, even we do not put much faith in it. Selucus was not interested in this (arid and far-off) region, he just wanted peace on his eastern borders so that he could concentrate on the western border. I do not think anyone denies influence.