Were there some benefits from Mongol invasions?

Mar 2014
Lithuania
Check the dates, when there were this Genoese community and thousands of Europeans. I don't know for sure, but most likely it was after sea road to China. Lithuania has to do with it, because it was pagan country, hostile to Christian Europeans that took territory between Western Europe and China or Mongolia. Middle east was controlled by Ilkhanate, Central Asia by Golden Horde these two were hostile. Lithuanians were hostile to Golden Horde. Where is this magical way to China?

Jan 2019
Southeast Asia
Considering that the time period is from 1250s-1360s, I think we could say that the community appear in these period.

Central Asia is controlled by Chagatai Khanate not Golden Horde, they control Russia.

There are some conflicts, but after the conflicts is finished, the route are opened and safe again.

There are many examples of people travelling from Europe to China and some from China to Europe and North Africa, just search in Google, it is not a secret knowledge.

Read the link Europeans in Medieval China.

The Papacy also manage to sent bishops not only to China, but to India as well.

In fact, Asian influence could be felt in Italian culture. We can see paintings depicting Mongols and Mongolian scripts.
Mongol inspired names also exist.

I also find what could be Chinese influenced aesthetic in early Italian plate armor too.

Mar 2014
Lithuania
Considering that the time period is from 1250s-1360s, I think we could say that the community appear in these period.

Central Asia is controlled by Chagatai Khanate not Golden Horde, they control Russia.

There are some conflicts, but after the conflicts is finished, the route are opened and safe again.

There are many examples of people travelling from Europe to China and some from China to Europe and North Africa, just search in Google, it is not a secret knowledge.

Read the link Europeans in Medieval China.

The Papacy also manage to sent bishops not only to China, but to India as well.

In fact, Asian influence could be felt in Italian culture. We can see paintings depicting Mongols and Mongolian scripts.
Mongol inspired names also exist.

I also find what could be Chinese influenced aesthetic in early Italian plate armor too.

That is the map of Mongol empire at its largest. It might seem that you can travel trough Golden Horde, to China. but relationships between those were very often uncertain and this would lead you trough steppe with no roads. Golden Horde lost good chunk of this territory anyway and it was even theoretically impossible.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7a/Travels_of_Marco_Polo.svg

This is supposed route of Marco Polo. First not all scientist agree that he even been in China at all. Second, because of various warring factions obvious from map above it was possible only for something like 20 years. Is it such great benefit, that trade route opened sporadically for 20 years. I mean Greeks and Romans had some trade with China without any help from Mongols.

Similar History Discussions