What about GAMES?

Naima

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
Venice
Paradox games are a whole other planet , those are much more historically accurate for how much could be a game.

YouLoveMeYouKnowIt

Ad Honorem
Oct 2013
Canada
I''m passed so fast to her that didn't see:lol:
Only after he said my reaction was what.
But it is okay i'm level 9 with saint george armor and sword and still cant defeat three cumans, but the first boss was easy.
You're doing good. I am very much behind. I am amazed by the scale of the game. After spending 3-4 hours into it, the game finally starts for real.

I find the codex very interesting. Lots to read regarding Medieval society, and the need to eat, sleep, make food, find materials, and do menial/work things that aren't common in video games makes the game like a video reenactment than just a game.

Tairusiano

Ad Honorem
Jun 2012
Brazil
You're doing good. I am very much behind. I am amazed by the scale of the game. After spending 3-4 hours into it, the game finally starts for real.

I find the codex very interesting. Lots to read regarding Medieval society, and the need to eat, sleep, make food, find materials, and do menial/work things that aren't common in video games makes the game like a video reenactment than just a game.
Renacment that was a good comparison, I realy enjoying but my PC now decided play dead, it would take some time now for me to play sad:sad:

Aug 2012
Has anyone played the Deadliest Warrior game? It's a fighting game - and one of the best I have ever played - in which you can be a number of warriors from different cultures. Knights, Samurai, Pirate and so on.
It gives a little bit of historical information on their armour and all the weapons available. And what's really great is how realistic the combat is. You can chop off a man's arm, and whilst it won't kill him, he'll bleed out in a matter of seconds and pass out.

If any of you remember Bushido Blade, it's kind of like that but a million times better.

pugsville

Ad Honorem
Oct 2010
Me too, until little sister scattered the 500+ counters.
2500 counters more like. I love the Historical Monster board war-games. Like I want to spend Months playing them.

Unfortunately the only guy I know who is willing is my younger brother, who is a damned Military Genius. It's hard going through weeks of being whipped.

Play a lot of Historical Miniatures now, mostly Napoleonic.

Computer Games remain a disappointment. Singularly failed to deliver any real meaningful strategy game.

Feb 2018
England
I'm glad to see there's such strong interest for this here. I've played most of the games mentioned here. The Total War series is generally good but they do stray when it comes to historic accuracy. MTW2 didn't represent the complexities of feudalism as well as Crusader Kings II did.
I'm looking into developing some new historic I.P. and I'm testing the waters here to see how good a place this is to discuss it. Well, with all the interest concentrated here, it would probably be even better than a game development forum. :)