What are some positive aspects of the rule of the Francisco Franco over Spain?

pugsville

Ad Honorem
Oct 2010
The issue was quantified, and the percentage of Generals that participated in the coup and died in the next days is pretty high. I also recall reading numbers around 50%. Unfortunately, didn’t locate or recall the source. I will post it if I get it.
It has not.

pugsville

Ad Honorem
Oct 2010
Generals who did nothing,waiting for the future.
Generals fascists killed by the fascists for incompetence.
Republican generals killed by fascists.
Republican generals who passed in Franco s band.
It is a very long answer….
Numbers. Soley Generals hat participated in the coup executed by republicans you said 25% It seems ratehr high., How did teh republicans get their hands on so many generals?

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
It has not.
Well, it doesn’t make much sense I saying to you that it was, and that I already read about it, and you saying that it wasn’t (implying that you know all that it was published about the theme or that I didn’t read about it). Like I said, I will post it if I find the reference (not that I am looking now), meanwhile saying yes/no is useless. Let us proceed.

pugsville

Ad Honorem
Oct 2010
Well, it doesn’t make much sense I saying to you that it was, and that I already read about it, and you saying that it wasn’t (implying that you know all that it was published about the theme or that I didn’t read about it). Like I said, I will post it if I find the reference (not that I am looking now), meanwhile saying yes/no is useless. Let us proceed.
I'm labouriious compiling a list of the Generals and their fates,

I got 86 Generals

Checked 52 so far 17 were involved in the conspiracy of which 4 were executed by Republicans. (3 out 52 I can;t find what happend in the civil war) 34 more to check.

The stat seems to be so far around 25% (rather than the 50% claimed) of those conpsiring Generals being executed by the republicans. Though a number of genrals wre executed by Repoublicans who not part of the conspiracy.

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
I'm labouriious compiling a list of the Generals and their fates,

I got 86 Generals

Checked 52 so far 17 were involved in the conspiracy of which 4 were executed by Republicans. (3 out 52 I can;t find what happend in the civil war) 34 more to check.

The stat seems to be so far around 25% (rather than the 50% claimed) of those conpsiring Generals being executed by the republicans. Though a number of genrals wre executed by Repoublicans who not part of the conspiracy.
Ok. Meanwhile you also could check if those lists were already made. Even if some could have been made with political motifs, the info there is relevant.

EDIT: Just googled the theme, try the article "Los 40 generales víctimas de la guerra civil", by Ramón Salas Larrazábal. It seems that he counts 30 killed by the Republicans and 10 by the Nationalists.

pugsville

Ad Honorem
Oct 2010
Ok. Meanwhile you also could check if those lists were already made. Even if some could have been made with political motifs, the info there is relevant.

EDIT: Just googled the theme, try the article "Los 40 generales víctimas de la guerra civil", by Ramón Salas Larrazábal. It seems that he counts 30 killed by the Republicans and 10 by the Nationalists.
Ramón Salas Larrazábal is he an objective historian? he did fight for Franco His list includes Navy Generals which I don;lt have a list of.

Searching in spanish I vast swaith fo Right Wing Revisionist history Rubbish. Artciles that clealry show their extreme bais.

In any event none of them return a list of Generals executed.

Last edited:

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
Ramón Salas Larrazábal is he an objective historian? he did fight for Franco His list includes Navy Generals which I don;lt have a list of.

Searching in spanish I vast swaith fo Right Wing Revisionist history Rubbish. Artciles that clealry show their extreme bais.
No one claimed that Ramón Salas Larrazábal was objective. At least I didn't.

I hope you had read what I wrote:
Even if some could have been made with political motifs, the info there is relevant.
And in Spanish, as in any other language, there are there are people that are objective others that aren't. There are people that are historians others that aren't. Just like in English or Portuguese.