What are the countries of the richest in Europe monuments.

LatinoEuropa

Ad Honorem
Oct 2015
Matosinhos Portugal
Give your opinion, here's mine.
-------------------------------------
Greece Italy Portugal Spain France England Romania.

David Vagamundo

Ad Honorem
Jan 2010
Atlanta, Georgia USA
Good list.

Italy by far, though. Ancient Greece's monuments were used as quarries to a great extent so not as many there as in Italy where marshes (malaria) protected places like Paestum.

I'd probably delete Portugal, because I've got no idea what's there. I'll take your word that Romania has more monuments than Germany and Austria.

Tulun

Ad Honorem
Nov 2010
Western Eurasia
Italy, UK, France, Spain i can see, but what makes you list Romania in the top? I mean they for sure also have nice historical monuments (have seen some in Transylvania), but what makes it particularily rich compared to other countries? Germany, Turkey Switzerland, Croatia, Czech Rep. Poland, Russia would certainly come earlier in my mind.

Just by the number of UNESCO World Heritage Sites the top European countries are Italy, Spain, France, Germany, UK, Russia, Greece, Portugal, Sweden, Turkey, Poland, Czech Rep, Belgium, Switzerland, Netherlands.

Feb 2016
Athens,Greece
Greece used to be rich in monuments.
Most of the top of the cream Greek artifacts are in Western Museums now.

I wouldn't include Greece into a rich country of the list,since what you see is mostly ruins.

Acropolis for example is a ruined temple.
Means nothing to me in its contemporary form,especially after the Ottoman and Venetian cherry put on top.

Sep 2015
Romania
but what makes you list Romania in the top? I mean they for sure also have nice historical monuments (have seen some in Transylvania), but what makes it particularily rich compared to other countries? Germany, Turkey Switzerland, Croatia, Czech Rep. Poland, Russia would certainly come earlier in my mind.
I must say I'm not exactly sure myself but I imagine it has to do with the combination of stunning natural environment plus all the historical monuments (ancient sites, castles, forts, wooden churches, etc). I mean, most countries have such monuments (mountain carved statues/castles/forts/medieval churches/monasteries, etc) but I don't think any have them combined so well with the environment.

LatinoEuropa

Ad Honorem
Oct 2015
Matosinhos Portugal
Italy, UK, France, Spain i can see, but what makes you list Romania in the top? I mean they for sure also have nice historical monuments (have seen some in Transylvania), but what makes it particularily rich compared to other countries? Germany, Turkey Switzerland, Croatia, Czech Rep. Poland, Russia would certainly come earlier in my mind.

Just by the number of UNESCO World Heritage Sites the top European countries are Italy, Spain, France, Germany, UK, Russia, Greece, Portugal, Sweden, Turkey, Poland, Czech Rep, Belgium, Switzerland, Netherlands.

friend I made my list of European countries as friend or all your friends make their lista.Se I chose Romania on my list could choose for example Germany Moldova Denmark etc.etc.

LatinoEuropa

Ad Honorem
Oct 2015
Matosinhos Portugal
all countries have their wealth more than others is evident.
When you refer wealth of each country refer to its history over the US monuments castles bridges churches palaces.