What are you interested in?

Aug 2018
Dayton
Great to be on your discussion board!

I enjoy American History and will find much of this content engaging.

I am also embarking on a potential business idea around content related to 1800's era American military records. For those fellow discussion forum members that do research in this space, I would love to get your feedback -

Do you do searches or research for genealogy, academic requirements, as a hobby, or other purposes?

How often do you access records for search purposes?

If content was relevant and informative, is this the type of thing you would purchase a subscription for?

What have you found to be the best ways to gather information or pursue your hobby?

Thank you!

Asherman

Forum Staff
May 2013
Albuquerque, NM
This site is about History, not Market Research. BTW, this sort of poll isn't likely to produce any useful information on which to make business decisions. We welcome you and your interest in 19th century American Military Records should make you popular with some of our members.

Aug 2018
Dayton
Thank you both. I don't mean to offend, just trying to integrate my passion for history with an idea I've had that might be useful to other that share the same enthusiasm.

I will appreciate many elements of this site.

Aug 2018
Greece
About Me

I am a romantic and passionate man and writing novels and articles acts like my sailing ship through the ocean that is called life. And because there is nothing more fulfilling than turning your hobby Into a career I’m writing most of the scripts for HistoryMarche, I’m working on a mod about Alexander The Great and in my leasure time I’m writing novels.I’ve created this website too where I write detailed articles on some of the most fascinating military campaigns of Classical Antiquity Medieval Times and more. From fighting at the bay of Marathon to the seige of the siege of Vienna, I cover a wide array of gripping stories from our distant past,present,and distant future and most of them are also presented in fascinating and immersive videos from HistoryMarche

Jun 2010
Colorado Springs (PA at heart)
Great to be on your discussion board!

I enjoy American History and will find much of this content engaging.

I am also embarking on a potential business idea around content related to 1800's era American military records. For those fellow discussion forum members that do research in this space, I would love to get your feedback -

Do you do searches or research for genealogy, academic requirements, as a hobby, or other purposes?

How often do you access records for search purposes?

If content was relevant and informative, is this the type of thing you would purchase a subscription for?

What have you found to be the best ways to gather information or pursue your hobby?

Thank you!
You do know Fold3 already specialize in making American military records from all eras available online? I'm sure they don't have everything, but if you're serious about this business idea, you'd need to be able to provide something that they don't.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
You do know Fold3 already specialize in making American military records from all eras available online? I'm sure they don't have everything, but if you're serious about this business idea, you'd need to be able to provide something that they don't.
Agreed. Also, I wonder if sites such as Ancestry.com and Familysearch.org also have old military records.

Jun 2010
Colorado Springs (PA at heart)
Agreed. Also, I wonder if sites such as Ancestry.com and Familysearch.org also have old military records.
Ancestry .com own Fold3 so they don't really bother to put very many military records on Ancestry - they put them on Fold3 so they can force people to get a Fold3 subscription in addition to their Ancestry subscription. What military records are on Ancestry were probably from before they bought Fold3 and ethically couldn't take it away.

FamilySearch have a number of military records (and they are free), though I'm sure Fold3 have more: https://www.familysearch.org/search/collection/list?fcs=recordType:MILITARY&ec=recordType:MILITARY