What are your thoughts on actor and musician Jussie Smollett?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
He's a con man and No, I don't forgive him for his actions. Just imagine how much more outrage there would be if a Trump supporter would have falsely claimed that a couple of Black Democrats attracted him and this would have been discovered to be a lie! :(

Mar 2019
Kansas
He's a con man and No, I don't forgive him for his actions. Just imagine how much more outrage there would be if a Trump supporter would have falsely claimed that a couple of Black Democrats attracted him and this would have been discovered to be a lie! :(
Yeah he really poisoned the well for those who may legitimately suffer from a hate crime involving violence.

Edratman

Ad Honorem
Feb 2009
Eastern PA
I also was completely unaware of his existence prior to the staged event. Regardless, he poisoned a lot of wells with his ill considered and poorly executed attempt at a selfish cash and notoriety grab.

The damage that Smollett inflicted on real victims is incalculable and it appears that lady justice will be thwarted in this incident.

1556851027676.png

Jul 2016
USA
Yeah, and he also allowed the alt-right to finally be right about something! :(
A substantial number of media reported hate crimes turn out to be lies. My brother is fond of a gun forum and he's shown me links where some enterprising and diligent individuals actually took the time to list media hate crimes as they are reported then track them afterwards to see if they're legit or fake. They only listed the fake ones on the master list they provide to the rest of forum, but its a giant list. I'll try to find the link tomorrow, its quite illuminating, and sad, and aggravating at the number of people so enthusiastic about reporting hate crimes to show how racist or bigoted society is that they have to fabricate them because they're not as prevalent as many believe.

Feb 2019
California
I also was completely unaware of his existence prior to the staged event. Regardless, he poisoned a lot of wells with his ill considered and poorly executed attempt at a selfish cash and notoriety grab.

The damage that Smollett inflicted on real victims is incalculable and it appears that lady justice will be thwarted in this incident.

View attachment 18821

"Real victims?" You do realize that virtually all "hate crimes" are faked, right?