What are your thoughts on Charles Murray's book Human Accomplishment?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
What are your thoughts on Charles Murray's book Human Accomplishment? :

Human Accomplishment - Wikipedia

This book talks about which countries had the most accomplished figures in Murray's point of view and speculates about why these countries had so many accomplished figures. Murray discusses accomplished figures for various time periods from 1400 all of the way up to 1950.

For what it's worth, it looks like this entire book is available for free online here:

https://www.gwern.net/docs/sociology/2003-murray-humanaccomplishment.pdf

Has anyone here ever read some or all of this book? Also, does this book strike you as being too biased in favor of the West? Murray argues that the overwhelming majority of accomplished historical figures since 1400 or so came from the West--as in, either from Western Europe or from the US/North America. Murray also argues that the Northern US was much more accomplished than the Southern and Western US were--at least up to 1950.

I'm wondering if anyone here has any thoughts about this book. :)

Jan 2010
Eugene, Oregon
What are your thoughts on Charles Murray's book Human Accomplishment? :

Human Accomplishment - Wikipedia

This book talks about which countries had the most accomplished figures in Murray's point of view and speculates about why these countries had so many accomplished figures. Murray discusses accomplished figures for various time periods from 1400 all of the way up to 1950.

For what it's worth, it looks like this entire book is available for free online here:

https://www.gwern.net/docs/sociology/2003-murray-humanaccomplishment.pdf

Has anyone here ever read some or all of this book? Also, does this book strike you as being too biased in favor of the West? Murray argues that the overwhelming majority of accomplished historical figures since 1400 or so came from the West--as in, either from Western Europe or from the US/North America. Murray also argues that the Northern US was much more accomplished than the Southern and Western US were--at least up to 1950.

I'm wondering if anyone here has any thoughts about this book. :)
I bookmarked it. I don't know if I will have time to get around to it, but I am writing a book and it is related. What you said about the development in Western and Southern US is intriguing. I am betting military technology has increased the Souths technological progress? Do you know if that is true? Do you know what technology is being developed in the South? I suspect it is related to Military Industrial Complex and if so that has interest political consequences.

Wow, I have been googling for information and the answer to my question about if the Military Industrial Complex increased the South's technological development is yes. Anyone who thinks the Military Industrial Complex is just conspiracy theory isn't looking for information. Anyway, if someone is looking for a job in the defense industry here are the top cities to consider...
Best Cities for Defense and Intelligence Jobs - ClearanceJobs