What are your thoughts on the top 20 greatest and most influential Civilizations ever?

Apr 2019
United States
Here is my list and I hope you guys can give me some feedback and your opinion on it. Some of this might be controversial but please keep it polite.
BTW i'm not counting modern day countries (so please no America)
1. Roman Empire
2. British Colonial Empire
3. Ottoman Empire
4. Achaemenid Persia
5. Abbasid Caliphate
6. Han Dynasty
7. Greek Civilization
8. Mongol Empire
9. Spanish Colonial Empire
10. Byzantine Empire
11. Holy Roman Empire
12. Tang Dynasty
13. French Colonial Empire
14. Macedonian Empire
15. The Ming Dynasty
16. Umayyad Caliphate
17.Ancient Egypt
18.Ancient Carthage
19.Frankish Empire
20.Ayyubid Dynasty

Apr 2019
Mumbai

The global contribution to world's GDP by major economies from year 1 to 2003 according to Angus Maddison's estimates.[4]Before the 18th century, India and China were the two largest economies by GDP output. Extrapolating before 1 B.C. shows that India and China were the largest economies from 2800 B.C., prior to which Egypt and Mesopotamia dominated.

Sep 2013
New Zealand

The global contribution to world's GDP by major economies from year 1 to 2003 according to Angus Maddison's estimates.[4]Before the 18th century, India and China were the two largest economies by GDP output. Extrapolating before 1 B.C. shows that India and China were the largest economies from 2800 B.C., prior to which Egypt and Mesopotamia dominated.
This may be so, but from where I stand both those civilisations have had very little influence on the modern world we live in

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apr 2019
United States
This may be so, but from where I stand both those civilisations have had very little influence on the modern world we live in

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'd say that China and India so have a major impact on us in terms of technology, economy, and culture, but Mikester only highlighted the economic aspect

Similar History Discussions