What are your thoughts on this proposal for Israeli-Palestinian peace?

Mar 2019
KL
what im trying to infer is, what jews are doing to muslims today, muslims never did to the jews, they treated them really well, today jews are using western world which always butchered them badly to punish muslims, this is how jews repaid the gratitude of muslims. getting help fom people who butchered them against the people who always treated them well.

regards

Maki

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Republika Srpska
Then please answer me this: what was Israel supposed to do when the Arab states refused to recognize it and attacked with important Arab leaders saying that they will throw Jews into the sea and stuff like that?

Devdas

Ad Honorem
Apr 2015
India
arabs infact protected jews a lot in their history, beginning in muslim spain, the jews invited arabs to safe guard them against their genocide by the spaniards, the jews were one of the privileged people among the muslim kingdoms, there were infact many prominent jewish scholars from andalus. arabs infact held no grude against the jews until israel happened.

there is a movie called The physician in which it is stated that if one is a jew, he/she was allowed to study in any islamic institution in the islamic world.

regards
Around 800,000 Jews were driven away from Muslim countries after the creation of Israel. Only in Iran, they stayed due to pro minority government in Iran, that was too changed after Islamic revolution in 1979.

Edratman

Ad Honorem
Feb 2009
Eastern PA
This thread has been moved to the Chamber- Current Events forum because it is inescapably entwined with current politics. It is a decision that was to made solely to conform with Historum rules and policy.

Last edited:
Apr 2018
Upland, Sweden
I'm fairly sure that these pieces of legislation would not with stand up to a challenge in court. It does not appear to be legislation that is intended to be passed or even voted on; rather it is a political ploy/maneuver by Republicans to court favor with fundamentalist Christians, the Israeli lobby, Jewish voters and Netanyahu.
That makes sense in a way I suppose, even though I still can't help but feel mildly disgusted by that kind of obsequious behaviour - but it's politics I guess, much of democracy is just special interest groups at work no matter which way you're looking...

Anyway, I was just shocked - it just seemed awfully strange to me, but maybe I'm too Swedish and have a somewhat rosetinted view of American conservatives' attitudes towards free speech.

That is only part correct. The christian fundamentalists in the US have some sort of end-of-days biblical interpretation that involves the second coming and Jerusalem (I'm very not sure of the details), so in the past decade or so these christians have become de facto supporters of Israel. (This is a hypocritical support for Israel because a number of them are anti-Semetic by speech and deed.)
Right. Makes sense - it seems a bit too freaky if the Israel lobby alone would have such power. Yes, I've always been curious about that group of fundamentalist Christians and their political influence, our fundamentalist Christians in Sweden are much fewer and mainly confine themselves to having Bergman:esque social dramas in forest conditions - although the whole holier than thou "pretend to be your friend while really believing you're going to hell" is a thing over here too, I suppose, so I'm not that surprised by the last part.

Edratman

Ad Honorem
Feb 2009
Eastern PA
Anyway, I was just shocked - it just seemed awfully strange to me, but maybe I'm too Swedish and have a somewhat rosetinted view of American conservatives' attitudes towards free speech.
You can throw those rose colored glasses away now. Today American conservatives believe that the only speech that should be free is speech that agrees with their position at this moment. Everything said or written that does not support them is "fake news".

Right. Makes sense - it seems a bit too freaky if the Israel lobby alone would have such power. Yes, I've always been curious about that group of fundamentalist Christians and their political influence, our fundamentalist Christians in Sweden are much fewer and mainly confine themselves to having Bergman:esque social dramas in forest conditions - although the whole holier than thou "pretend to be your friend while really believing you're going to hell" is a thing over here too, I suppose, so I'm not that surprised by the last part.
It’s strange how some Christians pick and choose which values they’re going to follow. There’s a whole lot of hate and intolerance that comes from a religion that’s supposed to be based on love.

It appears to me that the fundamentalist Christians in the US, or at least their manipulative leadership, has an ultimate objective of a white, christian theocracy.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
You can throw those rose colored glasses away now. Today American conservatives believe that the only speech that should be free is speech that agrees with their position at this moment. Everything said or written that does not support them is "fake news".
They're not actually advocating banning or suppressing "fake news," though--are they?

Edratman

Ad Honorem
Feb 2009
Eastern PA
I thought it was in the chamber. Sorry if it is me!
There is nothing to be concerned about. No one posted anything that was a red flag. The OP posits a theoretical situation, but regardless the theoretical situation cannot be discussed without referencing current events. The moderating team decided that the thread be needed to be moved to the Chamber for consistency.