What can Egypt do to destroy Afrocentrism?

Jun 2017
al-Uqṣur
There is nothing more laughable than Afrocentrism. Its an insult and disgrace for the egyptian people. There was actually a TV show about it in our TV and tehy say the big problem is, that african americans lack heritage. Tehy dont know where tehy come from and have no roots. Thats the base on this try to usurp the culture of someone else.

There is little that is more insulting for egyptian than this. There are actual laws in egypt that punish this but this doesnt apply to the USA.

Historic facts dont bother them, so research and education doesnt help either.

We actually start to debate if we localize and identifiy people who promote this and issue a ban that they cant enter egypt, but this too would not create the necessary publicity.

So what can be done to destroy this cult?

Corvidius

Ad Honorem
Jul 2017
Crows nest
Deploy Zahi Hawass with all his guns blazing :)

But seriously, it is a growing and disturbing issue. And you are right that research and education do not bother them, primarily as they are deep into group think, and it is simply not possible, or desirable, to argue against a brick wall.

Maybe the propagation of the real Ancient Egypt by modern Egypt, and most vigorously, in academia and the media in all it's forms, would help. It can be difficult for a non Egyptian to argue as vigorously as needed, as despite a mountain of facts, there is the growing issue, at least in Western countries, of being accused of "racism" if you dare to counter the lies. An Egyptian can laugh this off of course, and so, in the current climate of needing to tread on eggshells with this subject, Egypt should fight it, strongly, and with the huge mountain of evidence behind it, and indeed, around it and under it's feet.

Call me a coward, but at the moment I have no intention of arguing with a brick wall, so I wish you well in this, at the moment, too contentious an issue.

Last edited:
Jun 2017
al-Uqṣur
What the hell does this political drivel have to do with ancient history?
Alot.

Egypt is our home. When foreigners come and try to hijack our past, they try to push us out of our own past, which is a horrible crime. And thats something we cant allow.

In Egypt this creates enormous anger by the people. We are not idiots. We see the silly comments in the media.

The big problem i see is that intra american conflicts are pushed outside and currently Egypt is the main target.

Oct 2013
Planet Nine, Oregon
I think that many African Americans did notorious originally come from the Sudan or near Egypt, and Africa is a big place.

That said, the Egyptians were not one particular race. Take a look at Egyptian mummies, Maiherpri, for example. He had status and was part of Egyptian society, right? Queen Tiye? Was she not an Egyptian queen? The Nubian soldiers in the Egyptian army --they weren't Egyptian? It can be argued that those folks were Nubian or taken as wives or subjects, but they DID contribute to Egypt. And of course later there was a Nubian dynasty. African Americans who want to celebrate Africa look to Egypt as its greatest treasure and want to celebrate that, though they may have nothing more in common with some of them than their phenotypes.

Oct 2013
Planet Nine, Oregon
And you also have folks like Yuya, or Ramses II, who look totally different, even from modern Egyptians, and you'd expect to meet them at a coffee house in northern Europe or something..

Last edited:

Comet

Forum Staff
Aug 2006
IA
Alot.

Egypt is our home. When foreigners come and try to hijack our past, they try to push us out of our own past, which is a horrible crime. And thats something we cant allow.

In Egypt this creates enormous anger by the people. We are not idiots. We see the silly comments in the media.

The big problem i see is that intra american conflicts are pushed outside and currently Egypt is the main target.
So this is politics? Is this a call to a cause? Both are against forum rules.

Similar History Discussions