What could happen if a person who was a member of King Henry 8th court had immortaility?

Oct 2009
UK
What could happen if a person who was a member of King Henry 8th court had immortaility?

I am not sure if this is the right forum, if not ple3ase advise me where I should have put it as this is my first post.

This is probably an odd question but I would like to know what could happen if a man lived during the 16th century at the time of King Henry 8th as a courtier (steward or advisor) or who had close links with the king, and had eternal life through something he had done? How would he adapt to each century change? This is for an arts project I am doing, and have been asked to draft together a fantasy story from the 16th century to 2001. have googled immortality and keep getting links on Highlander which isn't what I had in mind. Any input would be most helpful. Many thanks.

Belisarius

Forum Staff
Jun 2006
U.K.
Re: What could happen if a person who was a member of King Henry 8th court had immortaility?

Would he notice time passing in the sense that he'd just go along with the lastest fashions and adapt to the new ways of doing things. Sooner or later he'd notice he'd "been there and done that before".

Nick

Historum Emeritas
Jul 2006
UK
Re: What could happen if a person who was a member of King Henry 8th court had immortaility?

Similar to the Count of St Germain in the 18th century. He would have been regarded as a curiosity, a fraud or a witch.

Apr 2009
Alabama, USA

Yeah. I think after 50 years and he hasn't aged a day, they'll think him a witch and burn him promptly. I'd recommend him to pack his bags and ship over to the New Colonies and stay away from Salem for a good while. ;)

Jan 2008
Chile, Santiago

I think if he had immortality he would live forever. IK SHOCKING. :D

Jan 2008
Chile, Santiago

Yeah. I think after 50 years and he hasn't aged a day, they'll think him a witch and burn him promptly. I'd recommend him to pack his bags and ship over to the New Colonies and stay away from Salem for a good while. ;)
Or he would be smart enough be like no I'm jesus coming back. That is why I've lived for so long.

Apr 2009
Alabama, USA

Yeah...

I mean, imagine 2012 and the world ends (hypothetically). He'd be living all alone in an empty world/empty outer space for all eternity. :(