What do you know of/about the US Constitution?

royal744

Ad Honorem
Jul 2013
San Antonio, Tx
I think I am right in saying that the President is elected for a term of four years, Senators 6 years and House of Representatives just two years.

I believe this is enshrined in the constitution. As an outsider, this seems to me to guarantee permanent electioneering and sometimes I wonder when anything gets done.

Also, why was FDR allowed to run four times and now Presidents are forced to retire after just two terms maximum?
Presidents serving for a maximum of two terms was not a law in the old days; it was a tradition After Roosevelt, it became law. During Roosevellt’s final term , the poor man was clearly dying

I’m wondering if it wouldn’t make more sense to increase House terms to 3 years in order to avoid the constant electioneering that takes place today.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Presidents serving for a maximum of two terms was not a law in the old days; it was a tradition After Roosevelt, it became law. During Roosevellt’s final term , the poor man was clearly dying

I’m wondering if it wouldn’t make more sense to increase House terms to 3 years in order to avoid the constant electioneering that takes place today.
I'd rather keep the house at 2 years so that the people have a ready way to quickly respond if the House does something stupid or unpopular.