What do you like most about discussing history here?

Oct 2009
Behind a screen
What do you like most about discussing history on this forum?

For me:
-some people are massively knowledgeable about the most obscure topics.
There's always something to learn.
-Different viewpoints of people from different countries
-The way discussions go sometimes. Someone could start a topic about French cuisine in the fourteenth century, and a few pages later, people are arguing about Korean Turtle Ships:lol:

Jax

Ad Honorem
Aug 2013
Seattle
I enjoy the general crowd sourcing aspect of these forums. They make possible new and interesting avenues of research that I might have remained ignorant of.

Some of the nutters here are fun as well.:zany:

Sep 2013
Ireland
I love going back and reading over my posts again and again because they're so profound and interesting. The loquacious nature of my articulate thoughts rocket me higher than a fireball, bursting into the cosmos like an inverted MOAB. It's the only thing left that justifies my existence. My true enemy has yet to reveal itself.

No seriously, there are a lot of intelligent guys and galls on here, the type I like to listen to and talk to about history, and other things ;)

Mar 2012
Redneck Country, AKA Texas
I like how it's a way for all these history buffs like me to find other history buffs and just have some good discussions on topics of interest.

Ichon

Ad Honorem
Mar 2013
Learn something new fairly often and it seems a like minded community- also some fairly knowledgeable people who can answer questions I don't have the time or expertise to look up myself.

Similar History Discussions