What do you think Heaven is like?

Sep 2013
Ireland
I was talking to some friends of mine recently and they were joking and saying they'd rather go to Hell because they'd have better fun there. I said ya, but how do you know what Heaven is like, what makes you think it's boring. What do you think heaven is like?

Feb 2015
UK
Okay, when I was growing my mum thought we were puppies. She told us this fable (not then of course) that there was this fella sat on our left shoulder with ledger account. He apparently noted ticked the + or ne - side. When you died this sheet was handed in and according to your balance sheet you went left or right. Yeh it kinda worked on us until the puppies grew big enough to think beyond such rubbish.

I mean think about this. God must be hoarder or sadist or maybe both. Why would he being all knowing, all powerful set up hell and heaven. Then make us, give us free will ( why? ) so that in the trial called life some of us cock up and then hell gets filled up. Some who make it through fill up heaven.

Please? What for? Either he likes to hoard us is into two realms and enjoys the suffering that goes on along the way. The whole idea is just way beyond me.

Oct 2011
Gwendraeth Valley, Carmarthenshire, Wales.
I am currently reading Jurgen Ziewe's 'Vistas of Infinity: How To Enjoy Life When You Are Dead' (see his website www.vistasofinfinity.com or www.multidimensionalman.com ) which confirms much that I've read of OBEs (Sylvan Muldoon and Harewood Carrington or Robert Monroe etc) and NDE accounts of Dr Ron Moody. Basically 'the place you will live in after you die is a manifestation of your inner life' and it's no paradise until we sort out our inner demons. Recommened even for atheists

Sep 2013
Ireland
I am currently reading Jurgen Ziewe's 'Vistas of Infinity: How To Enjoy Life When You Are Dead' (see his website www.vistasofinfinity.com or www.multidimensionalman.com ) which confirms much that I've read of OBEs (Sylvan Muldoon and Harewood Carrington or Robert Monroe etc) and NDE accounts of Dr Ron Moody. Basically 'the place you will live in after you die is a manifestation of your inner life' and it's no paradise until we sort out our inner demons. Recommened even for atheists
Interesting Brian, I must get that.

Sep 2013
Ireland
Okay, when I was growing my mum thought we were puppies. She told us this fable (not then of course) that there was this fella sat on our left shoulder with ledger account. He apparently noted ticked the + or ne - side. When you died this sheet was handed in and according to your balance sheet you went left or right. Yeh it kinda worked on us until the puppies grew big enough to think beyond such rubbish.

I mean think about this. God must be hoarder or sadist or maybe both. Why would he being all knowing, all powerful set up hell and heaven. Then make us, give us free will ( why? ) so that in the trial called life some of us cock up and then hell gets filled up. Some who make it through fill up heaven.

Please? What for? Either he likes to hoard us is into two realms and enjoys the suffering that goes on along the way. The whole idea is just way beyond me.

Let's not corner ourselves by sticking to the idea that it's a place.

Similar History Discussions