What do you think of Knightfall?

Dan Howard

Ad Honorem
Aug 2014
Australia
I watched a few episodes of Knightfall and couldn't stomach it any longer. The Last Kingdom is my favourite recent medieval-themed show despite its inaccuracies. The books are good too.

Jul 2015
Australia
I am a completionist so I am still struggling to finish Vikings Season 5 which is really slowww.
But I recall GRRM recommending and loving 'The Last Kingdom' so I will definitely give this a look when/if I finish Vikings S5.

Maki

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Republika Srpska
I didn't know Season 2 already started and finished. I watched a few clips and what I saw looked better than Season 1, but as I already said, they botched the Season 1 plotline and made the King, who is supposed to be this terrible villain, far more sympathetic than Landry so when you see Landry in trouble you can't help but feel a little bit of "you deserved it" feeling.

HackneyedScribe

Ad Honorem
Feb 2011
The main character is too much of a giant jerk for me to enjoy it. He's disrespectful to those working for him, betrays the trust of those who values him, and all-in-all is a self-righteous prick. He's very hard to root for. Maybe he changed later, but so far I can't get past season 1.

Maki

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Republika Srpska
The main character is too much of a giant jerk for me to enjoy it. He's disrespectful to those working for him, betrays the trust of those who values him, and all-in-all is a self-righteous prick. He's very hard to root for. Maybe he changed later, but so far I can't get past season 1.
And the King is presented as a reasonable guy who wants to revive his marriage and who respects Landry as a friend yet everyone betrays him. As I said, they botched the plotline.

Belgarion

Ad Honorem
Jul 2011
Australia
I have watched a few episodes and once I decided to stop picking up all the flaws and just enjoy it for a medieval action/mystery series I am quite enjoying it.