What edge did Eastern Steppe peoples have over Western Steppe peoples in the Ancient/Early middle ages that allowed them to replace them

Aug 2019
Abuja, Nigeria
What edge did Eastern Steppe peoples (Turks, Huns, Avars, Magyars, Bulgars, Heptalites etc) have over thatWestern Steppe peoples (Scythians, Sarmatians, Alans, Massagatae, etc) that allowed the Eastern Steppe peoples displace and assimilated the Eastern Steppe Peoples

May 2017
Monterrey
The examples you give of different tribes don't seem to divide them into East and West categories. Can't say I am an expert but aren't the steppe people usually just steppe people? Furthermore, it seems to me that it was one continuous movement from East to West. Everyone was displaced.

Oct 2018
Australia
Were the western steppe peoples hunters? And the eastern steppe peoples ate mare's milk and mare's blood. Their food travelled with them.

May 2017
Monterrey
Were the western steppe peoples hunters? And the eastern steppe peoples ate mare's milk and mare's blood. Their food travelled with them.
Lactose-intolerance seems to be low with all populations that were in contact with the steppe.

Aupmanyav

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
New Delhi, India
If they drank mare's milk, how can they be termed as lactose-intolerant?
Settled or still mobile? The mobile won over the settled?

May 2009
The western groups peaked earlier and were older than the eastern groups, so they had already lost a lot of their steppe ferocity by the time the new upstarts showed up.

Mar 2014
Lithuania
Highest levels of lactose tolerance are among indoeuropeans, not among steppe nomads. Especially among indoeuropeans from Northern Europe. For example I don't know anyone who is lactose intolerant.

Aupmanyav

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
New Delhi, India
This is because IE Urheimat was in the Arctic Circle in Norther Europe or Western Siberia. Did they start with reindeer milk? :)