What extinct creature would you like to bring back?

Corvidius

Ad Honorem
Jul 2017
Crows nest
Dimetrodon
It isn't the biggest, baddest or most weird, even with it's sail, but when I was a kid my introduction to extinct animals was, like I know many others, "The Big Golden Book of Dinosaurs", yeah, I know Dimetrodon is a synapsid. But despite the illustrations of more imposing animals like T-Rex and Brontosaurus, the illustration of Dimetrodons sort of had an aura of extreme antiquity that the more cooler looking dinosaurs did not.

Oct 2016
Angloland
IF we were able to bring them back, what animal would you want to see? You can only choose ONE :cool:
It would have to be the duck-billed platypus. Of all the creatures known, it had the strangest mix of attributes, with a really weird combination of bird, reptile, mammal and even insect. That such a genetic mix-up was even viable (until humans came along..) makes it worthy of bringing back into existence.

It is the closest thing to those combination creatures of mythology, too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sam-Nary

Ad Honorem
Jun 2012
At present SD, USA
It would have to be the duck-billed platypus. Of all the creatures known, it had the strangest mix of attributes, with a really weird combination of bird, reptile, mammal and even insect. That such a genetic mix-up was even viable (until humans came along..) makes it worthy of bringing back into existence.

It is the closest thing to those combination creatures of mythology, too.
But the duck billed platypus isn't extinct... Vulnerable to pollution, but not extinct.

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platypus