What happened to draft dodgers during the Vietnam War?

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
Or the singer who wrote a song about the fortunate sons of powerful Americans avoiding combat after he himself had joined the reserves to avoid combat. Great song though.
Who is the singer, and what is the song?

Zip

Jan 2018
San Antonio
John Fogerty (Creedence Clearwater Revival), Fortunate Son.
The only popular song that dealt with the class issues of the war.

Unfortunately John Fogerty is such an incredible ******* I no longer enjoy listening to CCR; listening just makes me think about what a jerk he is.

Reactions: howard38

betgo

Ad Honorem
Jul 2011
I like the song and CCR. It doesn't mention Vietnam or the draft, and I didn't realize that was what it was about.

Reactions: howard38

royal744

Ad Honoris
Jul 2013
San Antonio, Tx
Post deleted for political content.

Last edited by a moderator:

royal744

Ad Honoris
Jul 2013
San Antonio, Tx
Post deleted for political content.

Last edited by a moderator:

royal744

Ad Honoris
Jul 2013
San Antonio, Tx
Watch the politics. There's plenty of historical material to this topic without going political. Muhammed Ali was not a politician. He had a Vietnam draft story to tell.
True. He did, And he was right about Vietnam. The trouble with these issues is that once a president has decided to make war -right or wrong - it becomes extremely difficult to back out. The idea is to keep one’s options open until the facts are in, then act. The worst thing is to announce one’s position before knowing the facts.

Feb 2012
New York City
The only popular song that dealt with the class issues of the war.

Unfortunately John Fogerty is such an incredible ******* I no longer enjoy listening to CCR; listening just makes me think about what a jerk he is.
If I stopped listening to music made by *******s three quarters of my play list would disappear;)