What historical story is so incredible it would seem unrealistic in a movie?

Mar 2012
Some good ones so far. A few that no one has mentioned:

-Isandlwana, right down to the partial eclipse of the sun that took place (because the sun never sets on the British empire!).

-If you believe it, which I don't, the story that the Aztecs might have thought Cortez was Quetzalcoatl due to the Toltec prophecy.

-Cleopatra almost changing the Roman world back to a Greek one.

-Mithridates somehow coordinating the murder of 80,000 Roman citizens and dependents in Asia at the same time.

-Alexander going allegedly undefeated from Greece to the Punjab.

- Adams and Jefferson both dying on the same fourth of July, 50 years to the day after the signing of the Declaration of Independence.

- A 14 year old girl name Joan saving France from the British.

-The last war between the Roman and Persian empires. The East Romans, after being utterly beaten and having the Sasanians at the door of Constantinople, turn the tables and end the war at the doorstep of Ctesiphon.

-The Battle of Tigrancerta "If they have come as ambassadors, they are too many. If as soldiers, they are too few."

Last edited:

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
Don’t know if it was already stated in all this pages, but the Battle of Camerón would be a good example:

Battle of Camarón - Wikipedia

Also Cortez's conquest of Mexico.
There is already a movie with that theme, based on a novel of the same name, full of stereotypes, but interesting: Captain from Castile (1947) - IMDb

The government coverup of UFOs is the most amazing of all, in my opinion.
Just asking… you are joking or you are serious? In both cases we already have some movies about the theme.

Oct 2013
Planet Nine, Oregon
Just asking… you are joking or you are serious? In both cases we already have some movies about the theme.
No, I'm dead serious; because there are clumsy and silly attempts to dramatize events (and some others posted here) that doesn't disqualify them from being the most amazing and important events in history.
Huh? Right? Chalk one up for UFO Guy! :winktongue:

Last edited:

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
No, I'm dead serious; because there are clumsy and silly attempts to dramatize events (and some others posted here) that doesn't disqualify them from being the most amazing and important events in history.

Huh? Right? Chalk one up for UFO Guy! :winktongue:
Understood. I was in doubt.

Aug 2018
Southern Indiana
Many of the stories of famous explorers are totally insane, it's hard to believe they survived. Lewis and Clark's expedition lasted almost 2..5 years and they only lost one man to a burst appendix.

Similar History Discussions