What if all the World was one Country under one Government

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Feel free to fantasize about a one world government, but I don’t think you necessarily would like the results.

Kiss goodbye to gay rights, for example. Or how would income redistribution be handled? How much of your stuff would you be willing to part with?
Yeah, as long as all groups of humans will remain very different in regards to various traits and values of theirs, a one-world government certainly isn't going to work. Letting the entire populations of corrupt, misogynistic, and homophobic countries help determine policy in the First World doesn't seem like a very smart idea since it could very well make the First World look much more like these corrupt, misogynistic, and homophobic countries.

Also, there are certainly not going to be any exit options if the entire world will have one government and this government is going to become corrupt, dysfunctional, tyrannical, and/or dictatorial. Do you really want a world without any exit options? At least now people often have the choice of moving somewhere better if life in their countries is terrible.

sparky

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Sydney
It's not a risk , it's a natural evolution toward authoritarianism and media speak-control

all democracies fail in the end

Oct 2018
Adelaide south Australia
Feel free to fantasize about a one world government, but I don’t think you necessarily would like the results.

Kiss goodbye to gay rights, for example. Or how would income redistribution be handled? How much of your stuff would you be willing to part with?

My perception is that such a style of government would be similar to that in 1984, and they had THREE power blocks. I suspect totalitarian states tend to look the same once a certain size is reached.

Contained in the notion of one world government is the same baseless assumption about aliens found amongst Ufologists; That the outcome will necessarily be benign.

Dec 2015
USA
Is this " world government " going to be ruled by democratic principle of one person one vote ?

Asia 4,307,107,875 60.3%
Africa 1,037,524,058 14.5%
Europe 816,426,346 11.4%
North America 544,620,340 7.6%
South America 400,067,694 5.6%
Oceania 35,426,995 0.5%
The best outcome would be equality among man. Of the above, many of the Asian or African people are actually considered to be so called white people ie Arabs and North Africans as well as Chinese and Japanese. That being said, a One would Gov might be only possible with countries that support equality among man such as The USA, England , France, I feel we can toss in Russia, Japan , China and Turkey as well....going to force those countries that support inequality among man to be part of the one world Gov. In a sense we are talking about the idea from the Allies of WW2, the idea that the peace among the world is possible where upon the big powers can help set up a World gov.

Dec 2015
USA

The idea would be to have equal rights for all, and no income redistribution is needed.

That would be the best style of a World Gov, clearly it would benefit our world and the Universe because with no wars and with no intolerant Governments the whole of humanity can concentrate on space travel, exploring the ocean more and making our world stronger. These ideals are the ideals of many through history.

Dec 2015
USA
You mean in First World countries?
I mean to say in a One World government scenario that if good jobs could be had worldwide that the issue of income redistribution could be avoided.

Look at the gov corruption in South and Central America related to the jobs fields. The poverty in Central and South America. We also have poor Pakistanis and Poor Indians forced to go work in Arab countries where sometimes they are mistreated. In Europe, we can see poverty in Greece and Albania. And yes, even in the United States there are homeless people, in major cities the factory jobs are not what they used to be. One of the challenges for the One World Gov is to combat poverty which is a worldwide issue.

sparky

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Sydney
Would this one world government abolish borders , passports and visas
this could lead to billions of people moving from one area to a better one

Similar History Discussions