What if all the World was one Country under one Government

Dec 2015
USA
It's not about equality. The problem is that the fundamental beliefs of different people are completely incompatible and mutually exclusive. Something as simple as dancing, seen in the US as a healthy and happy thing, can get you beheaded by your own family in other countries. Even in nations which broadly support "equality", populations are deeply divided on any number of issues. Simply suggesting that other cultures should be "forced" to comply with the values of another culture means waging a global war of cultural extermination and conquest. Now don't get me wrong, I think that's a GREAT idea, but implying that you're going for rosy-eyed "harmony" or "equality of man" in all this is simply laughably naive.

Just as another example, as soon as you add "redistribution" of income or wealth to your platform, you've lost your place on *my* list of global conquest survivors.

Yes, you can have a single global government by killing everyone who disagrees with you, at least out loud. Any other plan is a pipe dream, at best.

Matthew
We have seen a poll showing 80% of people polled worldwide would approve of a one World Gov....of those whom approve they talk of a Democratic type World gov. The optimal outcome as posted itt is that there would not be economic redistribution in such an idea. There would be no war crimes in such an idea, it could be had peacefully.

It would be very much possible to build up factories all Though the world, and to provide other types of Jobs though a One World Gov. Its really a shame that some people in the world suffer from poverty, they can and should be liberated.

To each their own of course my friend. We are on the same side. As our most people of the world. All over Africa and the Middle East are people whom love the culture of the USA and Europe. Its undeniable, Basketball, Cricket, and European Football have a massive following around the world. Also in the future a group of good countries may gather together to once and for all bring equality to the world through a One World Gov. If its done the right way all countries would be won over by their intolerant people simply being defeated which can be possible. Because it is totally undeniable in every country there are folks whom like to be liberal and support equality.

Part of what the intolerant people of the world would do to prevent such a great idea of A One World Gov coming about is to tell tales of how such an idea could not be had because of how we have separate races and some so called races are not as smart as others.... which is a myth that has led to grave violence like what occurred in WW2. Our fellow man in Yemen and all through Africa, they want what you and I want. It was groups like the Reich that were greatly successful at selling to folks that certain groups are not civil and that these groups can not be a part of the civil world. To a lesser extant today groups like ISIL and AQ, as well as supremacists of numerous religious and language backgrounds reach out to small #s of people via the internet and other forms of messaging. So yes there has been and is opposition to freedom worldwide but such an opposition can be overcome.

Some of the greatest minds of history were for a One World Gov.

World government - Wikipedia

Again this One World Government idea may never come about, but it is not impossible for such a Government to lead our world at some point in the future

Last edited:

sparky

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Sydney
" in a scenario, almost ideal, where the countries cooperate to a common good, a UN type of organization is an imperfect and flawed organization, even so it is like democracy, a flawed political system, but the best we can find "

The United Nations is based on a couple of hundred unimportant representative making grandiose speech ,
and the real business being concluded by the 15 members security council of which the 5 permanent members have the final say

it result in doing and saying very little if the three big don't want to

Hardly a democracy

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
" in a scenario, almost ideal, where the countries cooperate to a common good, a UN type of organization is an imperfect and flawed organization, even so it is like democracy, a flawed political system, but the best we can find "

The United Nations is based on a couple of hundred unimportant representative making grandiose speech ,
and the real business being concluded by the 15 members security council of which the 5 permanent members have the final say

it result in doing and saying very little if the three big don't want to

Hardly a democracy
Sorry, sparky, if you don’t use the quote system, it is not that easy to recognize that you are addressing to me.

For the record I didn’t stated that the UN were a democracy, in their construction they will hardly can be one, even if they have some democratic principles and structures. The power of veto of 5 members of the Security Council is certainly not among those structures.

I stated that with all the flaws, both (democracy and the UN) were the best systems (one political other for managing world situations) that we could find until now. By the way the security members don’t have the final say, “just” the final veto. It is not necessarily the same thing.

Anyway the work of the UN is not restricted to the Security Council. There are several agencies and internal organizations that have, in my opinion, and even with all the problems and corruption, a positive effect in the world (UNESCO, UNICEF, WHO, UN Peace Operations…).

In other words, today, we are better with the UN than without it.

Mar 2013
Escandinavia y Mesopotamia
What do folks here think of our planet Earth being one united country with a Government that leads the world? Can this idea be had peacefully? Or perhaps can the idea only be had with warfare waged by countries that support equality among man against countries with laws that support inequality among man?
I find it very unlikely my friend.

Each society and especially each continental has different set of values due to history, how they have cultivated the earth, religion, political history and so on. Just enforcing a world-rule would probably not work with our different values.

In any case, IF a world rule was to be imposed, then it should adopt the system like the Christian countries where secularism thrives and it should completely avoid the Islamic system. Because Christian countries tend to be secular and have rights for different believers. Islamic countries tend to be fanatical and suppressing religious minorities:

“Grim and Finke show that 78 percent of Muslim-majority countries have high levels of government restrictions on religious freedom, compared with 43 percent of all other countries and 10 percent of Christian countries.”

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...freedom/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.fba0496e4df4

Brian Grim’s and Roger Finke’s "The Price of Freedom Denied" is by the way a fantastic work and intellectual enrichment.

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
I find it very unlikely my friend.

Each society and especially each continental has different set of values due to history, how they have cultivated the earth, religion, political history and so on. Just enforcing a world-rule would probably not work with our different values.

In any case, IF a world rule was to be imposed, then it should adopt the system like the Christian countries where secularism thrives and it should completely avoid the Islamic system. Because Christian countries tend to be secular and have rights for different believers. Islamic countries tend to be fanatical and suppressing religious minorities:

“Grim and Finke show that 78 percent of Muslim-majority countries have high levels of government restrictions on religious freedom, compared with 43 percent of all other countries and 10 percent of Christian countries.”

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...freedom/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.fba0496e4df4

Brian Grim’s and Roger Finke’s "The Price of Freedom Denied" is by the way a fantastic work and intellectual enrichment.
A unified government can be achieved without unified laws, in a Federation or Confederation system, that means that in a World government can coexist quite different systems, either religious, political, economic, or cultural. The common goals would begin to be worldwide related: Pollution; Global Peace; World development; Mass migrations; etc.

It is a total utopia thinking that all must be untied under the same political, cultural and religious paradigm. We just have to agree that we all live in the same planet.

Jul 2016
USA
We have seen a poll showing 80% of people polled worldwide would approve of a one World Gov....of those whom approve they talk of a Democratic type World gov. The optimal outcome as posted itt is that there would not be economic redistribution in such an idea. There would be no war crimes in such an idea, it could be had peacefully.

It would be very much possible to build up factories all Though the world, and to provide other types of Jobs though a One World Gov. Its really a shame that some people in the world suffer from poverty, they can and should be liberated.

To each their own of course my friend. We are on the same side. As our most people of the world. All over Africa and the Middle East are people whom love the culture of the USA and Europe. Its undeniable, Basketball, Cricket, and European Football have a massive following around the world. Also in the future a group of good countries may gather together to once and for all bring equality to the world through a One World Gov. If its done the right way all countries would be won over by their intolerant people simply being defeated which can be possible. Because it is totally undeniable in every country there are folks whom like to be liberal and support equality.

Part of what the intolerant people of the world would do to prevent such a great idea of A One World Gov coming about is to tell tales of how such an idea could not be had because of how we have separate races and some so called races are not as smart as others.... which is a myth that has led to grave violence like what occurred in WW2. Our fellow man in Yemen and all through Africa, they want what you and I want. It was groups like the Reich that were greatly successful at selling to folks that certain groups are not civil and that these groups can not be a part of the civil world. To a lesser extant today groups like ISIL and AQ, as well as supremacists of numerous religious and language backgrounds reach out to small #s of people via the internet and other forms of messaging. So yes there has been and is opposition to freedom worldwide but such an opposition can be overcome.

Some of the greatest minds of history were for a One World Gov.

World government - Wikipedia

Again this One World Government idea may never come about, but it is not impossible for such a Government to lead our world at some point in the future
Aren't you the one who thinks bridging the Atlantic is a good idea? :zany:

Similar History Discussions