What if British Empire never dissolved / Revotionary War never happened

Jan 2013
British Canada
I mean if they never broke up, British Commonwealth aka CoN never existed. And every place in the that is with CoN now will still be apart of British Empire.

two,

and if that god forsaken war in 18th century never happened, what would change? :deadhorse:

AlpinLuke

Forum Staff
Oct 2011
Italy, Lago Maggiore
Today the King would be Indian ...

I develop this curious thought: the center of the Empire would have moved and as it happened in other historical moment, at London they would have seen a change of Royal House. May be because of marriages, why not, but I guess that the new Royal House would have been Indian.

MarshallBudyonny

Ad Honorem
Apr 2013
New Verulamium
I'm slightly confused about the question. Are you asking what would happen if the British Empire never dissolved or what would happen if the revolutionary war never happened.
In the first question nothing much would change.
The colonial resources that once made Britain so wealthy would gradually lose the interest of nations and the Empire would become less profitable. The British Empire would still be an economic power,but it would be overshadowed by nations like the USSr or the USA.
Aside from India, South Africa and possibly Egypt the British colonies were not particularly profitable (I include Egypt because in this scenario the British could late use it as a source of oil revenue), without their independence the economies of colonies such as Canada would not have developed very much and as such would not really have been an economic boost. In the end though the British could not have really held their Empire together, it was bound to collapse sooner or later and with nationalism on the rise the situation could only have occurred sooner.

chimera

Ad Honorem
Feb 2013
australia
Today the King would be Indian ...

Yes. Would that be Amerindian or South Asia India? Victoria would be amused.
.>>The colonial resources that once made Britain so wealthy would gradually lose the interest of nations and the Empire would become less profitable."
The colony of British India would be sold off, like Hong Kong, with cheap shoddy space and nuclear handicrafts. Victoria would be amused.

funakison

Ad Honorem
Oct 2012
Between a rock and a hard place
Just because there is no WOI in the days of George Washington, it doesnt nean there wont be later on. I just cant see America tagging along as part of the British empire.

bartieboy

Ad Honorem
Dec 2010
The Netherlands
Just because there is no WOI in the days of George Washington, it doesnt nean there wont be later on. I just cant see America tagging along as part of the British empire.
If the US was still under British hegemony in 1914 then the Germans wouldn't dare to even fart in the general direction of the British :)

chimera

Ad Honorem
Feb 2013
australia
Around 1920 the US would be the center /centre of the Empire and after Suez Crisis 1956 the British colony would dump Elvis records into Southampton harbor /harbour and give absolute power to E II R.

bartieboy

Ad Honorem
Dec 2010
The Netherlands
Around 1920 the US would be the center /centre of the Empire and after Suez Crisis 1956 the British colony would dump Elvis records into Southampton harbor /harbour and give absolute power to E II R.
Where do you base this on?
Without the great war Britain's decline would take a lot longer and why would the suez crisis fail when the British have no diplomatic pressure from the USA?