What if the Axis were "the good guys"?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
If Germany does not persecute the Jews German science and weapons development probably receives a boost. Many Jews were scientists and technicians who would have worked to develop Germany's wonder weapons if not for Nazi racial policies.
A Notzi Germany could have also recruited Jews from elsewhere in Europe to work on its military technology.

Dont make me have to swat you on the nose with a rolled up newspaper :)
Oh, you! ;) :)

To be really [but just partially] the "Good Guys" Italians and Germans had to be attacked by US, France and UK. That is to say the Western allies would have had to invade Germany and Italy [may be to topple the two dictatorships].

The first problem is that a dictatorship is never good and you cannot be a good guy if you run an expansionist policy regardless existing borders, international treaties, agreements ...

So, no, there was no possibility for the Axis powers to be the "Good Guys".
Well, the US fought an expansionist war in 1846-1848 in real life and yet this doesn't appear to have hurt the US's reputation too much. Why would a Notzi Germany and its allies be much different? I mean, Yes, they're dictatorships, but so what? They're fairly mild as far as dictatorships go.

AlpinLuke

Forum Staff
Oct 2011
Italy, Lago Maggiore
A Notzi Germany could have also recruited Jews from elsewhere in Europe to work on its military technology.

Oh, you! ;):)

Well, the US fought an expansionist war in 1846-1848 in real life and yet this doesn't appear to have hurt the US's reputation too much. Why would a Notzi Germany and its allies be much different? I mean, Yes, they're dictatorships, but so what? They're fairly mild as far as dictatorships go.
US expansionism happened during the colonialist age when if a Western nation didn't had a colonial Empire or didn't expand it wasn't a serious Western nation! We shouldn't mix different historical contexts. And, a part Natives, who didn't offer an effective resistance, US expansionism had to deal with European colonial powers as well.

Expansionism in Europe after WW I was seen as the worse nightmare possible. European geopolitics had to change by means of treaties ...

AlpinLuke

Forum Staff
Oct 2011
Italy, Lago Maggiore
If Germany attacked the colonies of France instead of France [or instead of Poland, remaining in this speculative scenario] it would have been a totally different matter, but to do this Germany [and Italy] needed to understand the importance of carriers [in Italy and in Germany ... In Battleships they Trusted ...].

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
US expansionism happened during the colonialist age when if a Western nation didn't had a colonial Empire or didn't expand it wasn't a serious Western nation! We shouldn't mix different historical contexts. And, a part Natives, who didn't offer an effective resistance, US expansionism had to deal with European colonial powers as well.
European colonial powers didn't actually intervene in US expansionism, did they?

Expansionism in Europe after WW I was seen as the worse nightmare possible. European geopolitics had to change by means of treaties ...
What about the Klaipeda Revolt and Lithuania's subsequent intervention there?

redcoat

Ad Honorem
Nov 2010
Stockport Cheshire UK
The attack on the Soviet Union could be justified as aiming to liberate the Soviet peoples from Communist tyranny, though.
That's what the Nazis claimed it was at the time...it doesn't make it any less wrong, it was an unprovoked attack on a friendly nation.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
That's what the Nazis claimed it was at the time...it doesn't make it any less wrong, it was an unprovoked attack on a friendly nation.
The Nazis were lying, though. In contrast, a Notzi German regime would actually be serious when it would have said this.

Do the opinions of the Soviet people count for nothing?

redcoat

Ad Honorem
Nov 2010
Stockport Cheshire UK
The Nazis were lying, though. In contrast, a Notzi German regime would actually be serious when it would have said this.

Do the opinions of the Soviet people count for nothing?
I'm not aware the German's asked the Soviet people their opinions before they attacked