What is the future of humanity?

Dec 2011
Garbage? You should listen to some of the news reports we get on these themes in Britain. it doesn't matter. If you want to believe it's garbage, that's up to you. Sooner or later you'll stumble across one.
WHAT news reports? I live in Britain. You should easily be able to give at least one link that backs up what you are saying. But you can't can you?

caldrail

Ad Honorem
Feb 2012
Are you serious? I have a maximum of two hours a day internet access most of which I need to use on matters far more important than debates like this. So no. I don't care. Think whatever you like. You can always apologise later.

Dec 2011
Are you serious? I have a maximum of two hours a day internet access most of which I need to use on matters far more important than debates like this. So no. I don't care. Think whatever you like. You can always apologise later.
You don't have much time but that doesn't stop you imparting a falsehood, that we will have to eat insects or starve. All I asked for was one link to any magazine or news report that, you say, will confirm what you say. Given that you imply there are many sources saying that, it should take less than a minute to find, then copy and paste, a link. I will be glad to apologise if such evidence, from any reputable source, is provided.

But obviously you cannot do this - because what you said is wrong.

VHS

Ad Honorem
Dec 2015
Florania
The global population is going to peak at around 9 billion in the middle of this century. We are producing enough food right now to easily feed that many people. We have no problem with food production. We have problems with wastage, inefficient distribution systems, and market manipulation.
Can you find a reasonable source for this?

Aug 2014
Australia
Thank you. It is also on post #86 in this thread. It would be nice if we didn't have to cover the same ground over and over. The discussion will never get anywhere meaningful.

Last edited:
Aug 2014
Australia
Economic and societal models were never intended for a shrinking and aging population. Automation will eventually fix many of the issues but there is going to be massive social upheaval beforehand. We are seeing the start of it right now.

Aug 2014
Australia
Pension funds collapsing. Social Security becoming insolvent. Shortages of places in retirement homes. Spiralling health care costs. Wealth being tied up. Delayed inheritance.