What is your favorite ex-USSR country (excluding Russia, of course)?

Aug 2016
US&A
I like Finland for the winter war and especially Simo Hayha.
8a93275f44259eb7cf5addfb18649cf7e4980220_hq.jpgYep, they made a manga about him. Or at least, they made a manga about him if he were a kawaii anime girl and never got half his face blown off. He's the girl with the rifle in case it's not obvious.

At Each Kilometer

Ad Honorem
Sep 2012
Bulgaria
Quite recently i started to read extensively about history of Finland / country's early medieval history is quite fascinating read.

From the former SSRs i like the most the history of Lithuania, again early and high medieval, the struggle to preserve their native faith and its complex relations with her neighbours at the time. Armenia is also my favorite, their long history, the first country to adopt christianity as state religion, but before that there is plenty of history to explore, Urartu , Orontids etc. Georgia has quite interesting history and love to read about it but the real reason it is among my favorites is because i adore Georgian dance and their polyphonic singing.

Tulun

Ad Honorem
Nov 2010
Western Eurasia
I haven't been to any. I have no single favourite, the Turkic republics have preferencial place in my heart, i can relate to them (if I had to choose, Uzbekistan for its important historic cities, Kirgizistan for its nature, Azerbaijan for my affinity to their language). But Georgia and Armenia also looks awesome, have the two weak spots I really like, rich historical legacy from a (for me) unusual culture + huge mountains. But the old towns in the 3 Baltic states look really nice too, similar to the Central European towns, so they have a familiar atmosphere for me.

Reactions: Futurist