What major world event took place which changed British policy again, making them more sympathetic to Jewish immigration?

Jun 2019
California
The Arab Revolt and shifting geopolitical considerations had coincided to change British policy towards Jewish immigration to Palestine by the White Paper of 1939. However, I'm not sure which Major event resulted in British changing their policy and becoming more sympathetic to Jewish immigration. Does anybody know the name of such an event? Please advise.

Reactions: Futurist

pugsville

Ad Honorem
Oct 2010
The Arab Revolt and shifting geopolitical considerations had coincided to change British policy towards Jewish immigration to Palestine by the White Paper of 1939. However, I'm not sure which Major event resulted in British changing their policy and becoming more sympathetic to Jewish immigration. Does anybody know the name of such an event? Please advise.
I am unsure what you mean here When,? After 1939? After ww1?

The White Paper was meant to be a concession for the Arabs in Palestine, to patch things up, while lettinging some immideate Jewish immigratiuon to smooth Jewish concerns. The long term "veto" on further Jewish immigration menat to soothe Arab concerns. But Arabs and Jews pretty much were up in arms about the other's concession and dooubtful about theirs. The Arab verto seemd to decisively subordinate the "Jewish Homeland" to the will of the Arba poopultaion in the long term, so it was unacceptable to Zionists. (very unacceptable leading some extremists turning to assassination and terrorism against the British) For the Arabs they would see immediate spike in Jewish numbers and teh 5 year in the future veto was vague promise they just did not accept. Like how would the Arabs actually be consulted in 5 years? There had no real Arab representative body created, the Jewish Agency intensely lobbying to stop any, teh proposed "Arab Agency" was to be by appointment (and thus rejected) What would stop the British just appointing an Arab voice which affirmed further Jewish immigration? Nothing at all.

The White paper was attnte to appease both sides, and fob them off with some promises and kick the can down the road so the British could deal with the looming European war. Neither the Arabs or Jews were bedazzled with the British sand in the eyes.

pugsville

Ad Honorem
Oct 2010
I would assume after 1939, which event made the British more sympathetic to Jewish immigration?
Which British? The British Government? The Foreign officer? Cario? The Mandate Authorities? The Army?

After 1939 the British were minaly focused on the war. After the war they mostly just wanted a way out.

Jun 2019
California
Which British? The British Government? The Foreign officer? Cario? The Mandate Authorities? The Army?

After 1939 the British were minaly focused on the war. After the war they mostly just wanted a way out.
Its a particular event. Something that made the British more sympathetic to Jewish immigration. What particular events can you think of?