What of no lend lease to Soviets?

Jul 2016
USA
Ok. Don't see the direct relation of that part of the Wikpedia entry with the 200.000 dollars.

Let me rephrase my last question: can some of this Money be related with OSS operations?
Why needing OSS in a country with friendly relations? I think the simplest answer is we gave them a bunch of equipment. Weapons, jeeps, trucks, building material, etc.

Chlodio

Ad Honorem
Aug 2016
Dispargum
Ok. Don't see the direct relation of that part of the Wikpedia entry with the 200.000 dollars.

Let me rephrase my last question: can some of this Money be related with OSS operations?
There are several countries on that list that were occupied during the war. It wouldn't surprise me if the Lend Lease was given to governments in exile to support OSS/SOE operations or just to supply "Free-" forces as in the Free French - traditional combat units that were cut off from traditional sources of supply because their homelands were occupied.

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
the Fascists in Spain had won with plenty of support from the British.
What support had the Nationalists from the British during the civil war?

Why needing OSS in a country with friendly relations? I think the simplest answer is we gave them a bunch of equipment. Weapons, jeeps, trucks, building material, etc.
Fair point. Even if some of the Latin American countries were not so friendly to a democratic one, many had right wing aspirations that in political terms made them more close to the Axis. But they were also pragmatic and they were in America not in Europe.

Let me understand this better this way, for those countries did the land lease existed between 1941-5, or it continued later? Maybe is better if you post the source for the list. Again, it is quite interesting and the theme is new to me.

There are several countries on that list that were occupied during the war. It wouldn't surprise me if the Lend Lease was given to governments in exile to support OSS/SOE operations or just to supply "Free-" forces as in the Free French - traditional combat units that were cut off from traditional sources of supply because their homelands were occupied.
That was one of my initial ideas.

sparky

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Sydney
"What support had the Nationalists from the British during the civil war?"

the Royal Navy was riding shotgun when Franco landed his Moroccan troops on the mainland
Britain put a lot of pressure on France not to help the Republican government
hampering it to purchase weapons
the British establishment was resolutely pro Franco

Similar History Discussions