What Religion are you?

What Religion are You?

• Atheist

Votes: 70 27.8%
  • Christian (inclusive of both Catholic and Protestant)

Votes: 86 34.1%
  • Muslim

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • Hindu

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Buddhist

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Daoist (also known as Taoist)

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Other

Votes: 60 23.8%

• Total voters
Status
Closed

Pedro

Forum Staff
Mar 2008
On a mountain top in Costa Rica. yeah...I win!!
Is atheism a religion?
Is it more than a psychological rejection of an authoritarian father?
If there is no God then to be 'a theos'*, one would assume, is to be mired in unresolved parental conflicts. Would it not?
Just asking.

*from the Greek 'against god'.

avon

Forum Staff
May 2008
Is atheism a religion?
Is it more than a psychological rejection of an authoritarian father?
If there is no God then to be 'a theos'*, one would assume, is to be mired in unresolved parental conflicts. Would it not?
Just asking.

*from the Greek 'against god'.
I remember a number of years ago listening to Colin McGinn (?) talking about atheism and belief. He refused to describe himself as an atheist preferring instead 'antitheist'. Seeing the world in his rationalist way, he was not so much concerned that there was no God as much as he was sure that he should be 'against theism'. The belief in God was irrational and, as far as I could discern from him, to be argued against.

Pedro

Forum Staff
Mar 2008
On a mountain top in Costa Rica. yeah...I win!!
I remember a number of years ago listening to Colin McGinn (?) talking about atheism and belief. He refused to describe himself as an atheist preferring instead 'antitheist'. Seeing the world in his rationalist way, he was not so much concerned that there was no God as much as he was sure that he should be 'against theism'. The belief in God was irrational and, as far as I could discern from him, to be argued against.
A much better coinage. Lets start a foundation.

Status
Closed

Similar History Discussions