What Religion are you?

What Religion are You?

• Atheist

Votes: 70 27.8%
  • Christian (inclusive of both Catholic and Protestant)

Votes: 86 34.1%
  • Muslim

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • Hindu

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Buddhist

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Daoist (also known as Taoist)

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Other

Votes: 60 23.8%

• Total voters
Status
Closed
Dec 2014
United States
They are all nice and good, and care for the welfare of their devotees, there is no conflict. They don't have to answer to any authority, they themselves are the authority. Karma rewards the good and punishes the evil in various ways, but it always gives another chance to the person to improve. Actually, a total of 8,400,000 chances (Lakh Chaurasi).

"The Chaurasi Lakh Joon refers to the 8,400,000 lifetimes/lifeforms that exist on the Planet Earth as viewed by Sikhs, 4.2 million of which are on land and the same number in water."
Polytheism Archives - Cross Examined - Christian Apologetic Ministry | Frank Turek | Christian Apologetics | Christian Apologetics Speakers
Pantheism Archives - Cross Examined - Christian Apologetic Ministry | Frank Turek | Christian Apologetics | Christian Apologetics Speakers

Dec 2014
United States
Now Buddha was never that. Like in Advaita, Samsara has its own reality though a secondary 'pragmatic' one (Vyavaharika), where as Nirvana is the 'absolute' reality (Parmarthika). These are levels of understanding and not two separate things. I think Nagarjuna differs from Buddha. Buddha's Nirvana could be attained by conceptual thinking. Meditation too is conceptual thinking.

I consider Buddha to be one of my gurus, the other being Sankara. It is nice to meet someone who has more scriptural knowledge. We discuss many things at Religious Forums. I wonder if Nagarjua is not close to 'Anekantavada' of Jainism.
Buddhism

Jun 2016
England, 200 yards from Wales
Obviously a scientist can believe in the physical resurrection, people who really want to believe something can usually find some rationale.
However there is a basic rule of sensible thinking - extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
If I told you I saw a cow in a field today you would probably accept it.
If I said I saw a unicorn you might need more convincing.
Someone rising after 3 days dead is in the unicorn class.
I don't query the evidence that Jesus lived, we probably even have some of his actual words in what is recorded. However that a wandering preacher lived is not so extraordinary a claim as a resurrection.
As Hume pointed out - it is more likely that even quite good historical evidence incorporates fiction, delusion, rumour than that such a thing should happen (ie it happens much more often).

Ficino

Ad Honorem
Apr 2012
Romania
:) I do not claim to go only by vedantic views. I have added a little science to it and removed some fluff. Of course, we do not understand 'physical energy' or how it arises, what is its connection with time and space. Whether it is eternal or flits between existence and non-existence. I don't think the answers would be available in my life time, but perhaps by the end of the century.
Below is the link to a good article that explains how the notion of "matter" has been variously understood, it talks about the concept of physical "energy" too:

Matter | Inters.org

This is the link to another article, that clarifies certain misunderstandings surrounding the concepts of "matter" and "energy":

Matter and Energy: A False Dichotomy

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
New Delhi, India
Seem to be very nice articles. I am going through them, first the one at the Inters.org. Liked it. I have left the other for later reading since it is longer. My book say:

"Purnamadah, purnamidam, purnat purnamudachyate;
purnasya purnamadaya, purnameva vasishyate."

(That is whole, this is whole, this whole arises from that whole;
subtracting the whole from the whole, what remains still is whole.)

Last edited:
Dec 2014
United States
Obviously a scientist can believe in the physical resurrection, people who really want to believe something can usually find some rationale.
However there is a basic rule of sensible thinking - extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
I don't query the evidence that Jesus lived, we probably even have some of his actual words in what is recorded. However that a wandering preacher lived is not so extraordinary a claim as a resurrection.
As Hume pointed out - it is more likely that even quite good historical evidence incorporates fiction, delusion, rumour than that such a thing should happen (ie it happens much more often).
Lee Strobel Talks About the Resurrection
Ex-Atheist Lee Strobel Breaks Down 4 Reasons Why Jesus’ Death and Resurrection Are Absolute FACT

Dec 2014
United States
there is a peace in ones heart after coming to Christ that surpasses understanding.
Looking for true peace?

Status
Closed

Similar History Discussions