What would a Heydrich-led Nazi Germany in the late 20th century have looked like?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
If Britain drops out of the war in 1940 and Nazi Germany subsequently proceeds to defeat the Soviet Union and conquer its European part, and if Hitler would have designated Heydrich (who survives in this scenario due to the butterfly effect) as his successor prior to his death, what would a Heydrich-led Nazi Germany in the late 20th century have looked like?

Reactions: Kubis Gabcik
May 2019
Northern and Western hemispheres
Hmmm... What would a Nazi germany led by Reinhard Heydrich in the late 20th century be like? Well I imagine GeneralPlan Ost would have succeeded and a lot of European countries and territory would be under German rule.

Reactions: Futurist

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Hmmm... What would a Nazi germany led by Reinhard Heydrich in the late 20th century be like? Well I imagine GeneralPlan Ost would have succeeded and a lot of European countries and territory would be under German rule.
Well, yeah, but what would his rule have meant for ordinary Germans?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
It would likely been similar to life under Hitler. You might take issue with this but my understanding of everyday life in Nazi Germany is rather limited.
Fair enough. TBH, I was wondering if Heydrich would have tried building huge cities in the newly conquered East in an attempt to get Germans to move there and subsequently have large families. I was also wondering how his relations with Britain, the US, the rump USSR, Japan, China, India, and other countries would have looked like.

May 2019
Northern and Western hemispheres
Fair enough. TBH, I was wondering if Heydrich would have tried building huge cities in the newly conquered East in an attempt to get Germans to move there and subsequently have large families. I was also wondering how his relations with Britain, the US, the rump USSR, Japan, China, India, and other countries would have looked like.
I do think Heydrich would have tried building in cities in east europe. I recall it was either Heydrich or Hitler who wanted to demolish Warsaw and turn it into an artificial lake. Assuming Heydrich keeps inline with the Nazi Party's beliefs he would want to get along with Britain. With the Americans? mixed feelings, maybe a potential adversary. I think he would have viewed Asian countries in a neutral light.

Reactions: Futurist

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
I do think Heydrich would have tried building in cities in east europe. I recall it was either Heydrich or Hitler who wanted to demolish Warsaw and turn it into an artificial lake. Assuming Heydrich keeps inline with the Nazi Party's beliefs he would want to get along with Britain. With the Americans? mixed feelings, maybe a potential adversary. I think he would have viewed Asian countries in a neutral light.
Interesting. What do you think that Franco-Nazi relations are going to be like after Petain's death and Italo-Nazi relations after Mussolini's death?